Where to order Beyerdynamic 770-80s?
Aug 8, 2005 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

intermezzo

New Head-Fier
Hi,

After reading the numerous reviews and helpful comments posted here on head-fi.org I have finally come to a decision about which headphones (and headphone amp) I would like to purchase.

I had hoped to make these decisions without bothering anyone with the same tired old posts that new members so often submit, but I now find myself unable to find these headphones for sale (online or otherwise) anywhere inside of North America... at any price!

The headphones I am looking for are the Beyerdynamic DT770-80 ohm Pros.

Could any of you Beyer DT770-80 owners, or anyone else for that matter, recommend a website which has these headphones available for order? From where did you buy yours?

Thanks allot.

Aug 8, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #2 of 14
Aug 8, 2005 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 14
Aug 8, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 14
I have heard DT770-80's have become/are going to be Guitar Center only version of DT770's. If that actually is the case, you may be out of luck, as far as ordering them through the web.

EDIT - and bhphotovideo has been out of stock for a while now.

Aug 8, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 14
Thanks for the input.

Other than bhphotovideo, who may not be getting stock in for some time, Guitar Center seems to be the only option...

I have contacted them about the possibility of getting a pair shipped out to me at an inflated cost (I do not live anywhere near a Guitar Center store), but it seems unlikely.
eek.gif

Aug 9, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by intermezzo
Thanks for the input.

Other than bhphotovideo, who may not be getting stock in for some time, Guitar Center seems to be the only option...

I have contacted them about the possibility of getting a pair shipped out to me at an inflated cost (I do not live anywhere near a Guitar Center store), but it seems unlikely.
eek.gif

Isn't Musician's Friend affiliated with Guitar Center? Perhaps they can...

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #9 of 14
I believe Todd the Vinyl Junkie also has them. You might want to call him as I think only the 250ohm version is listed on his site.

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
Isn't Musician's Friend affiliated with Guitar Center? Perhaps they can...

I can't find anything by Beyerdynamic on the musiciansfriend site.

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #11 of 14
O.k. I have sent an email enquiry to Todd the Vinyl Junkie regarding the 770-80s...

In the interim I am not at all opposed to Iron_Dreamer's idea regarding someone selling me a "used" new pair of the headphones from Guitar Center at a somewhat inflated cost, if needed, for their own trouble and assistance etc...

That seems like allot to ask, BUT If anyone would be interested in helping me in that regard feel free to contact me via PM to work out the details beforehand.

Thanks again for all of the help and advice guys, I appreciate it!
lambda.gif

Aug 9, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 14
Yeah I have considered getting those (the 250s) from Amazon.com... I think that if, at the end of the month, I haven't found anything I might order those ones instead. That would also mean totally reconsidering my choice of Amp... but that wouldn't be that bad I guess.
basshead.gif

I'm just wondering if I could get a decent enough amp to drive those for around/under $250-300 used (or even new).

Aug 9, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #14 of 14
I already know Todd can't get them, nor can anyone besides Guitar Center. To top it off, GC won't discount them anymore less than $199. I had a deal for multiple pairs at $150 only to find out later that their computer wouldn't let them discount them. Could you walk in and get a pair for a discount? Possibly, but for sure if you're buying something else they can give an extra discount on to make up for the non discount on the cans...

Todd may be carrying the 770M soon, which has 80 ohm drivers also. Unless they are being modded, they probably won't sound the same since as normal 770/80's because they're filled with damping to the brim for isolation (think drummer headphone).

They also have a cheezy volume control on the cable, but that can go. Besides those "expendable" features, they are basically the same, 'cept they have black pads and a silver model label. I'm going to get some to try out, but they won't stay stock long
wink.gif
You can also get 770M elsewhere online, B&H photo has them for instance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back