where to next?
Jan 31, 2010 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kayaker3057

Head-Fier
So, I got the Nuforce udac and Shure 840 for Christmas and I love them! BUT, as I have once again been accustomed to high quality audio(I was a huge car stereo sound quality buff) I am realizing the shortfalls of the 840 with my current setup. Lack of bass("solved" by e-q ing), fairly narrow sound stage, and they isolate too well! Haha, I know, that's why I got them, but had no idea they would be so good! I really do like how comfortable they are. I like the leather pads, and the weight(although a smidge too heavy). I tried on the DT770-80 and hated how they felt on my head! I have no comment on how they sound, because my 5g ipod couldn't drive them without distortion at a level that I could really listen to them at. I guess my question is where do I go next? Do I get an amp? Do I get a new set of phones? I have my eye on the LD II or III. I also LOVE how the k701 looks. My budget would be around $250 for either option. I wouldn't be able to make the purchase until the end of the summer, but I want to start my search early, to allow for much research to be done. My music tastes are trance(DJ Shah), jazz(Chet Baker, Cannonball Adderly), and easy listening(Switchfoot, Coldplay, As Tall As Lions, Mutemath). I do listen to classical and choral music. Eric Whitacre is getting a lot of play time since I have clarity now, compared to my old cheap Sony's. I like a fairly neutral phone, with an emphasis on the mids. Bass needs presence. Thank you for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back