Where to go next?
Jun 19, 2006 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Predator88

100+ Head-Fier
Well the plannign for a new pair of cans is slowly taking form (I'll miss you money!). So anyways, I'm using MS1s and am happy with them. Thus I sort of feel obligated to stay the grado path and jump to some RS2s. I like rock, I like the grado sound, and basically I know I'd enjoy them. But I can't help but wonder, what do some bass heavy beyers sound like? (I do like a good thump/impact during my music). Or what do the hd650s sound like? Basically I'm wondering that if I try something new, would it just be a let down compared to the mighty power of grado?

Jun 19, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 4
Have you heard CD3K yet?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 4
If you like MS-1, then you are most likely love RS-2. More powerful bass and less sibilant high, plus there is something mystic about the wooden enclosure with organic sound quality. Sorry about your wallet
tongue.gif

It's really hard to describe how HD650 sounds to those who never heard it before. However, two noticeable differences between HD650 vs. Grado RS-2 are 1) less bright high of HD650 and 2) less hard hitting bass, but more articulate bass. Initial bass attacks on RS-2 is super strong followed by faster decay of bass note, where HD650 doesn't register initial attacks as fast as RS-2 and rate of decay is slower (more relaxed). However HD650 does not have boomy bass, just more smooth and more liquid sounding. Treble on HD650 doesn't come as hard as RS-2, but velvety smooth... just creamy smooth. Sorry about your wallet
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predator88
So anyways, I'm using MS1s and am happy with them. Thus I sort of feel obligated to stay the grado path and jump to some RS2s. I like rock, I like the grado sound, and basically I know I'd enjoy them. But I can't help but wonder, what do some bass heavy beyers sound like? (I do like a good thump/impact during my music). Or what do the hd650s sound like? Basically I'm wondering that if I try something new, would it just be a let down compared to the mighty power of grado?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back