Where to go from a Fiio E9+E10 setup?
Dec 11, 2011 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

weipim

100+ Head-Fier
So I recently started my audiophile journey and so far it's been draining every penny off my wallet, but I like it!

My current setup is:
Fiio E9
Fiio E10

The headphones I am using are:
AKG K 240
Ultrasone HFI-580
and an AKG K701 borrowed from my dad.

Although I liked the experience with the K701 while listening to classical music, I think somehow the soundstage definetely not opening here. In addition, what worries me the most is when I listen to music with vocal, the "lisp" sound is just hurting my ears as they became soooo sharp to a point where I recognized the case on cheaper ear phones. I was wondering if this is a burning issue or not.

May be the e9 e10 combo just don't cut with it?

Therefore I came here seeking for help on this problem and hopefully I can walk away with a new dac/amp setup?

thanks y'all in advance

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 5
Have a budget in mind? 

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 5
the schiit bifrost has very good soundstage for the price:) maybe u could pair it with one of the little dot amps. i personally have never owned one but i heard they are very good for the price. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 5
@fabio: yeah I forgot to mention that, maybe this is why there is no answer lolll. Budget will be 500 and below, however I can go a little more than 500 is there is The One. I ideally prefer to have dac and amp both for 500

@Jojomite, yeah I was considering this too, but I think the price is killing me though. since buying another dedicated amp is also around 500 like the shiit lyr

One thing I was considering is the Matrix M-stage as amp, since it is good pairing with k701 but many people found that it is not a substantial upgrade from the fiio e9, so I might be looking at something else 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back