Where to go after Sennheiser EH 150's?
Apr 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LHoudini

New Head-Fier
Hey, what's up guys, new to the board. I've recently broken my pair of EH-150's, I know they're discontinued and were a popular model. So I'm asking any owners of the pair if they can recommend any headphones that sound the most similar to them. I've used them for years and have other headphones but my ears are heavily trained on the 150's, so I'm just looking to make a smooth transition. I've checked out frequency response charts and noticed the Senn HD-201's are the closest, but I've also seen more criticism in user reviews towards the 201's than 150's. Loved the pair for it's definition in highs and leaner on low freqs. Any response would be appreciated. Please recommend under $100 too... times is hard.
triportsad.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Would like to help but i dont have experience with low end sennhs. Which kind of music genres you like?  

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 3
into (good)rap and dnb mainly. ironic because those are bass heavy genres, just not big into a listening experience that really booms and dominates the mix, especially if it's covering my ears. I guess the 150's were ideal for me because they compensate well with 90's hip hop which had bad tendencies of being mixed muddy with heavy points at 100-500hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back