where to get X3i's... or look for alternatives?
Dec 10, 2008 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shleepy

100+ Head-Fier
Recently, I decided that I want a pair of cheapish in-ear phones to use at the gym and whatnot, rather than risk getting my Westone UM2's ruined by sweat, and I gave my trusty ol' Crossroads X3's away to my brother.

I decided to get Crossroads X3i's... But the only place I found one pair of X3i's in stock was koolaudiophiles, but they apparently don't ship them to the US (they canceled my order). So, question #1 - is there still a place where I can get a new pair shipped to/within the US for ~$55 or less? And a follow-up if the answer to the first question is "no" - what similar alternatives should I look at? I see that Jaben has Crossroads Bijou 3's and 2's in stock, but I can't find a lot of info or reviews about them... And I at least like how the X3i's look a lot more than the gunmetal Bijou 3's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #3 of 8
Don´t get the Bijou´s 3, they don´t sound like the X3i´s at all, they are much more bassy. Check out the soundmagics PL-12, they are basically the same as the X3i, regarding design and soundsignature

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by silkeborg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don´t get the Bijou´s 3, they don´t sound like the X3i´s at all, they are much more bassy. Check out the soundmagics PL-12, they are basically the same as the X3i, regarding design and soundsignature

Hm... You sure you don't mean X3? From what I see, they look like Crossroads X3 rip-offs but not much like the X3i... Also, they're suspiciously cheap, heh.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by shleepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm... You sure you don't mean X3? From what I see, they look like Crossroads X3 rip-offs but not much like the X3i... Also, they're suspiciously cheap, heh.

You´re absolutely right,
bigsmile_face.gif
I did mean the X3, and the PL looks very much like the old X3 and reminds me of their sound, unfortunately I don´t have them anymore so I can´t compare them directly. I have the Bijou´s 3 now, and don´t like them at all, way too bassy

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by silkeborg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the PL-12 over the PL-30, they don´t fit me very well and I enjoy the sound signature of the PL-12 much better.
I believe they are based on the same driver.

Well, thanks for the replies! I think I'll take your suggestion... Can't go wrong if they're so cheap, anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back