Where To Get Turntable adjustment tools?
Mar 23, 2006 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

royhubbs

100+ Head-Fier
Im looking for a good reliable website, where I can get the tools neccesary to set up my new turntable. Including Cartridge alignment, Stylus force gauge, an all the record cleaning supplies id need. If u have any reccomendations as to what stuff to get, I would love to get some input.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhubbs
Im looking for a good reliable website, where I can get the tools neccesary to set up my new turntable. Including Cartridge alignment, Stylus force gauge, an all the record cleaning supplies id need. If u have any reccomendations as to what stuff to get, I would love to get some input.

www.kabusa.com

Call Kevin for the recommendations, he won't try to sell you something you don't need.

-Dan

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 4
http://www.turntablebasics.com have a nice cartridge alignment tool, although you can download lots of this kind of stuff free from places like http://www.vinylengine.com/ this one is printed on a mirror so that you can align the cartridge from above regardless of what shape the body is by using the cantiliever.
Also has a funky spirit level which is important to level you deck although it may be cheaper from somewhere like Radioshack.
A Shure SFG-2 Precision Stylus Phono Gauge is a must. It allows you to accurately calibrate downforce much more than just using the counterweight measurments (if it even has any).
Goldring's Exstatic is a very good record brush which is also a must.
Some form of stylus cleaner is also a good thing to buy. AM make a reasonable one, Clearaudio's is more expensive don't know how much better, if any? the best is the Audio Technica one (AT676?) which vibrates off dirt ultrasonically. Not made anymore but worth keeping an eye out for on ebay.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc
www.kabusa.com

Call Kevin for the recommendations, he won't try to sell you something you don't need.

-Dan

Gave em a call, But left a voicemail. But its ok hopefully he'll call back. My turntable probably wont get here till sometime later next week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back