Where to get the black shure foamies on E500PTH
Jan 5, 2007 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Panzergrennie

New Head-Fier
Hi,

i`ve got my new E500PTH yesterday (although they where supposed to be delivered before Christmas
3000smile.gif
).
I`m just wondering where to get the black foamies that where mounted on the E500PTH because they fit my ears best. The other stuff in the personal fit kit is already tested on my old E2c and they don`t fit as good as the black foamies).
I also own a pair of westone um1 and the grey foamies are very similiar to the black shure foamies except that the shure ones provide a better seal in my opinion and they seems to be more rigid than the westone, that loose most of their seal and comfort after around 2 weeks.

So i thought it might be a good idea to ask where i can get them since i couldnt find them in any webshop i`ve looked so far.

Jan 5, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 16
Good damn question.. I can't find those anywhere also!! I decided to try the other sleeves just to see how they fit, but the original black ones tore apart as I was taking them off...

Jan 5, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 16
BAD LUCK DUDE!! Just got off the phone with Shure, and those black foamies are PROTOTYPES!!! And only 400 people got those packed with the new E500s!!!
frown.gif
They wont be available until Mid-Feb (probably!!)...

Dammit... and I ripped one by accident!
frown.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 16
So i was one of the lucky guys (and payed only 315 Bucks for my pair of E500`s
eggosmile.gif
).

They are really great hopefully the first set lasts a while i have some of the short westone in stock that could fill the gap until the black shure`s are available.

@Morph Regarding to your acciden: I`ve had the same problem with my westone tips way back, the trick is not just to pull them off. You have to grab them firmly and then pull them of by slightly rotating them.

Jan 5, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #6 of 16
Haha, yeah, I realized that with the foamies on the left side... They kinda had a "gummy/sticky" feel to them.. I was nervous about breaking the stem.. so I tried to peel it off and tore it.
frown.gif
The guy at Shure was trying to get me another pair, but they're being stingy until the public release, he just said to keep checking the website..

Jan 6, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 16
Small note of clarification: The new black soft foams that are shipping on current E500's are not prototypes, they are full production. Separate accessories will be available in February.

And they are shipping on all new E500 packages that we send out, I'm not sure where the 400 number came from. They will be on E500's from here on out.

Jan 6, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, yeah, I realized that with the foamies on the left side... They kinda had a "gummy/sticky" feel to them.. I was nervous about breaking the stem.. so I tried to peel it off and tore it.
frown.gif
The guy at Shure was trying to get me another pair, but they're being stingy until the public release, he just said to keep checking the website..

Morph, how would you say the black foamies compare to complys?

Jan 6, 2007 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 16
@sugarfried
i`ve recently had some email conversation with one of the service&parts division asking for those tips because i couldn`t find them at the online store.
I´ve had the feeling that the employee didn`t even know what i`m talking about because she constantly wanted to sell me the black/grey rubber tips.
It would have been a much better idea if you had repalced some of the other tips in the personal fit kit or include at least a second pair of the black foamies with the E500PTH.

@mrvile
if you`ll accept my experience as well
icon10.gif
i can say that, if you mean the westone comply tips (the grey ones), the black shure tips are as comfortable as the westones but they provide a better seal and they seems to be more durable. The same applies for the yellow shure foamies, although they are by far less comfortable than the black shure or the grey westone.
As for the sound: I always wondered about the comments of many forum members about the good sound, because of the good seal, of the threeflanges (modded or unmodded). I`d say that the black comply`s do that by far better, i mean the seal. And even the sound is, for my feeling, better than with the tri(bi)flanges. The highs are better than with the westone complys, mids and bass is comparable.
For my feeling those complys could only be outdone by custom molds.
But, as allways, that might be different from ear to ear
lambda.gif

Jan 6, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Small note of clarification: The new black soft foams that are shipping on current E500's are not prototypes, they are full production. Separate accessories will be available in February.

And they are shipping on all new E500 packages that we send out, I'm not sure where the 400 number came from. They will be on E500's from here on out.

The info about the "prototypes" came directly from Shure Customer Service, along with the 400 or so that were shipped. Maybe there was some confusion on the CS side (?). But, anyway, I'll keep looking at the website so I can order a new pair.. They are awesome!

Mrvile, I never owned complys (as a matter of fact I first thought the new tips WERE black complys) so I really cant compare the two, I think Pangzergrennie did. But, I can say that the black foamies from Shure are VERY comfortable... It seems like they're a "soft-flex and foam" hybrid.. And isolate extremely well.

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #11 of 16
icon10.gif
I've been looking all over for a source for these foamies. I got my E500s in Late Dec. and nobody could tell me anything about them. I even had one dealer tell me there was no such thing even though I was using them at the time! But I think he just wanted me to order the fit kit.
I've tried the triple flange and yellow foam and I really think that black foam is the way to go! Far more comfortable and one size fits all!
I was thinking of ordering some Complys but I can't find a source here in Mississauga/Toronto, I can order a set in the U.S. but the shipping is more than the price!
blink.gif

Now I can't wait until Feb. I wanna lifetime supply of these!

Jan 6, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 16
So, how do these black foamies compare to the usual yellow one's? thx

Jan 6, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 16
@walkman666
The black foamies are very similiar to the grey westone comply tips, if you know them. Compared to the yellow shure tips i would say that the black foamies have all the advantages of those tips without their disadvantages. They are VERY comfortable (yet more durable than the yellow ones), they provide excellent seal and the sound is, for my feeling, better than with any other non-custom tip.

Jan 6, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #14 of 16
The regular Shure yellow foamies are just cylinders while the black ones are rounded like complys, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back