Where to get some Atrio M5
Apr 22, 2008 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

klear

New Head-Fier
The topic says it all really...FS says they will not get some for at least two weeks and that has been going for a while. Anyone know anyone with some in stock?

Thanks,

klear

Apr 22, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 14
I believe the M5's are out of stock and have been for months so I don't think any reseller has them in stock. The M8 (which is the same as M5, except in blue colour) is available from many places, best price is via roaddogonline on ebay, they accept offers of $140 for them.

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by klear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know but the M8s looks like something out of That 70ies show....

klear

I totally agree, I wish it was a dark/royal blue, that would have been so classy. The bright blue is not very nice. You might as well wait for the M5's then, they can't be too far away, its been about 4 months since they were "out of stock"!

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #6 of 14
Sorry that the black ones aren't currently available (would you consider painting yours if you got the blue ones? ... you could create your own design or color scheme). Note that the earphones look worse (and larger) in the promotional photos than they do "in person" -- something about the flanges make them look like "un-serious" 'phones ... but believe me, my M5s put out some serious sound from even an iPod Nano. Excellent value, IMO.

I use Comply and Shure foamies, and am really glad I went to the relative trouble of getting the not-widely-available Atrios (by the way, roaddogonline is a legitimate, professional company, in case there were any concerns about that).

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #8 of 14
Once upon a time, I found even the black ones to be kind of dopey looking, based on the pictures from websites. However, in-person it looks a lot less dopey, and sounds absolutely phenomenal.

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #10 of 14
The prices available through the eBay offers certainly were excellent ...

IMO, the Atrios are very well worth any price below $200. Perhaps the offer prices were a way to raise initial awareness of the product ... perhaps Future Sonics will produce a large batch of Atrios and market them in the $199 range ... perhaps they're having trouble competing cost-effectively against the larger companies and are re-thinking plans to go forward with the Atrios. It will be interesting to see (and hear) what happens, as these are very enjoyable earphones.

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #11 of 14
The M5's are still on back order from Future Sonics but should be shipping soon. The M8's really aren't too bad in color, the photoshop images make them look extra blue but they aren't bad in real life.

May 9, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeZ5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His current eBay M8 says that he is no longer doing Offers, and soon to out-of-stock.

Steve

So no $140 offers, then? Hmmm ... I am wavering between the Atrios and the UM2. While the Atrios seem to win hands-down in the SQ department for my tastes, I have these doubts about how my skull will take the deep-ears experience, and would rather not pay too much in case it goes all wrong and my ears totally reject the idea of having anything stuck so deeply inside them.

May 9, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So no $140 offers, then? Hmmm ... I am wavering between the Atrios and the UM2. While the Atrios seem to win hands-down in the SQ department for my tastes, I have these doubts about how my skull will take the deep-ears experience, and would rather not pay too much in case it goes all wrong and my ears totally reject the idea of having anything stuck so deeply inside them.

Nah, you can use Shure Olives for tips on the Atrios. They fit without any hacks or modifications. They don't go deeply into the ears at all, and does not seem to affect the sound. That's what I use, and they're much more comfortable (for me) than the included bi-flanges.

May 9, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #14 of 14
Ah ... so it's the flanges that enter deeply into the ear, and not the IEM itself? That solves quite a problem for me, as I have decided that the Atrio SQ is what fits me best, but have been rather worried about the deep-ear fit.

Now just to buy some olives ... any tips on where I can get some at a decent price? The best would of course be to get a bag with one pair of each size to try out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back