Where to get music with limited dynamic range compression?
Jun 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 14
Just about any classical CD.

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #5 of 14
Every so often, I hear classical music listeners complaining that there's TOO much dynamic range... "I keep on having the turn the volume up in the soft parts, and then back down in the loud parts."  With good sound and a nice quiet listening environment, though, the range can really be stunning

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
Every so often, I hear classical music listeners complaining that there's TOO much dynamic range...

No such thing
L3000.gif

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 14
There definitely is such a thing as too much dynamic range. Karajan found it in his earliest digital rscordings. Impossible to listen to.

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #12 of 14
though as a heads up:  I have some of there music and it's awesome - simply great to listen to and usually pretty dynamic.  though I have new remasters of some older rock stuff and it didn't seem at all more dynamic to me which was upsetting.

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
look for music mastered and available in hi-res like fro hdtracks.com

Would getting music from hdtracks deal with the dynamic compression on certain albums? I remember hearing some of the artists on there (especially in the rock genre) have released compressed music. I guess more specifically, do the labels actually release a different mastered version to that site and others like it?

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #14 of 14
I don't know and it's hard to say.  Just like I said 2 posts ago some of the stuff is pretty amazing but I've heard some (rock) that didn't sound (to me) any different than the original CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back