Where to get Millet Parts, or which are exchangeable?
Mar 23, 2006 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Vul Kuolun

500+ Head-Fier
After finishing my first CMoy, i felt lucky enough to order a Millet Board at the recent group buy over at headwize.

As i started out looking for the parts, i recognised some parts are not available in germany under the given specifications in all the millet part lists i found.

Damn!

Really, it is about:

-the transient supressor(D1) "P6KE30"
-D2L/R "1N5291" or "J503 CRD"
-the fuse "RXE050 PTC"
-and, of course, i should have expected it, the ****** tubes.
mad.gif

Some european/ german millet builders out there? where did you get your parts?

I´m sure /hope, the parts are available over here, maybe they´re just named different? In all the part lists i found, there are no specific informations giving me the opportunity to exchange the parts; for example, there must be values that specify for example the diode, or the fuse, right?

I hope someone could help me, as i soon will be the proud owner of a beautyful millet board, with no oportunity to populate it.

This really, really sucks.

Mar 25, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks guys.

Anyhow, as RS is some kind of wholesale dealer, i would apreciate any other suggestions. I got to find someone first, that has some kind of licence to deal with them.

Jan 6, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferencvaros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cannot find Transient Voltage Suppressor P6KE30. Is it safe to replace it with lower values like P6KE27CA ?

Sure. Just don't go nuts with the power supply.

the p6ke30 suppresses transients over 30 volts. the 27, I'm guessin over 27 volts.

24 volts is the suggested voltage for this circuit. Some people run it as high as 28 volts. Just don't go over 25 to 26 volts if using that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back