Where to get KSC-35's now?
Aug 29, 2002 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ruahrc

100+ Head-Fier
Headroom apparently doesn't have the 35's up for sale anymore? If I do decide to get them, where would I go for them?

A quick question- I can pick up the KSC-55's? (The sucessor to the 35's) at BestBuy for about $20. The 35's are doubtless more expensive- so is it worth the extra cost? I heard the fit was better as well as the sound- but my ears aren't the refined things that you guys have, I have a bit of training to do yet. Would they be "too good" for my ears or would they be even worth it to train my ears up?

Ruahrc

Aug 29, 2002 at 12:42 PM Post #4 of 6
Nobody here have a special hearing just a experienced one. The ksc-35 is the most cost effective way to refine your hearing. I had a Sony headphone for years, a better model that the ones that comes with players, and it sounded a lot better than other's people loved ones. But this little thing is in another league, I think they didn't mean to make such a great thing at this price level, another company would cover them with silver and sell it for $300 without problem!

Sep 1, 2002 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 6
hahhahhah..not for 300, but for maybe 60 dollar range.

I think its because of that plastic film diaphram that gives the good sound.

Sep 4, 2002 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Ruahrc
Headroom apparently doesn't have the 35's up for sale anymore? If I do decide to get them, where would I go for them?

A quick question- I can pick up the KSC-55's? (The sucessor to the 35's) at BestBuy for about $20. The 35's are doubtless more expensive- so is it worth the extra cost? I heard the fit was better as well as the sound- but my ears aren't the refined things that you guys have, I have a bit of training to do yet. Would they be "too good" for my ears or would they be even worth it to train my ears up?

Ruahrc

I just checked, and there 13 current auctions on ebay for new Koss KSC-35's. I've bought two of them from two different sellers, and got great, fast service both times. Paid $20-25 including shipping for each pair.

As to the successor to the KSC-35 in the Koss line, that would be the KSC-50 (the KSC-55 wraps around behind the head, mine broke the first day I had them). Amazon.com has the KSC-50's for $14.94, and free shipping on orders over $50. The KSC-50 isn't at quite the ame level as the KSC-35 in terms of comfort and sound IMHO (YMMV), but it is pretty close. Probably the best sound you can get for $15.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back