Where to get headphones in HK?
May 8, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFz
Wait it is in Nelson Street, and is it a basement? If yes, I think I know where it is.... I actually got my e2c at the shop next to the basement (ironicly that shop is at 1 floor [1 floor up ground floor]) There is a headphone shop there, but...lol I had been closed after being there for one time.

BTW: The shop that I went to get my e2c is called AV MongKok (as I recall)

No, not that one~
There are 5 to 7 shops in a building named "Yau Sing Center" something like that..
Just behind the Body Shop of MongKok E exit
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan
Well.. haven't stuck on a particular shop
usually the lower ones...
they seems to be more trustworthy

I'm a newbie to the world of AV..
biggrin.gif

cool ~~ be careful of a shop located on the 12/F in "Golden Chicken Centre"
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_eak
rolleyes.gif

What have they done on you?

May 9, 2005 at 1:17 PM Post #20 of 35
Kingsound Audio 金聲 (headphonehk.com)
Unit 1217, 12F Golden Era Plaza, 39 Sai Yee St. Mongkok 2819-1019

Upper floor AV shops
Fa Yuen Commercial Bldg. 75-77 Fa Yuen St. Mongkok
Garden Commercial Bldg. 74-77 Fa Yuen St. Mongkok

Yau Shing Plaza 16F, 10F, 7F, other floors
Left side Bldg. at MTR Exit E2 Mongkok
at the intersection of Nelson Street and Sai Yeung Choi Street South

True Sound Co.
102 Des Veoux Rd. Central

Tak Fat Basement Shopping Arcade 德發商場
MTR Exit E2, cross street to Nelson St. right-side
HK$ prices:
Senn PX100 $388
ATH-CM7ti $1180
ATH-A700 $1080
ATH-A900 $1580
ATH-A1000 $2680
ATH-W1000 $2880
ATH-L3000, Sony CD3000, Stax, Senn

Tim Chi Commercial Bldg.
2T Sai Yeung Choi St. 西洋菜街南 Mongkok

Carry On Hi-Fi
Rm 1811, 18/F Pakpolee Commercial Centre, 1A-1K Sai Yeung Choi St. (bet. Dundas & Soy Streets) Mongkok
Stax & Senn

May 9, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_eak
rolleyes.gif

As in what? Be careful and don't buy from that shop, or be'ware', for there is a shop in that place?

May 9, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Kingsound Audio 金聲 (headphonehk.com)
Unit 1217, 12F Golden Era Plaza, 39 Sai Yee St. Mongkok 2819-1019

Upper floor AV shops
Fa Yuen Commercial Bldg. 75-77 Fa Yuen St. Mongkok
Garden Commercial Bldg. 74-77 Fa Yuen St. Mongkok

Yau Shing Plaza 16F, 10F, 7F, other floors
Left side Bldg. at MTR Exit E2 Mongkok
at the intersection of Nelson Street and Sai Yeung Choi Street South

True Sound Co.
102 Des Veoux Rd. Central

Tak Fat Basement Shopping Arcade 德發商場
MTR Exit E2, cross street to Nelson St. right-side
HK$ prices:
Senn PX100 $388
ATH-CM7ti $1180
ATH-A700 $1080
ATH-A900 $1580
ATH-A1000 $2680
ATH-W1000 $2880
ATH-L3000, Sony CD3000, Stax, Senn

Tim Chi Commercial Bldg.
2T Sai Yeung Choi St. 西洋菜街南 Mongkok

Carry On Hi-Fi
Rm 1811, 18/F Pakpolee Commercial Centre, 1A-1K Sai Yeung Choi St. (bet. Dundas & Soy Streets) Mongkok
Stax & Senn

Wow, I guess you must go headphone shopping in HK pretty often.
icon10.gif

May 9, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFz
As in what? Be careful and don't buy from that shop, or be'ware', for there is a shop in that place?

Let's say, when you call up the shop for price quote, they told you $100;
When you arrive there and say you just contacted them, they will tell you the price is $130.

I will not comment this is kind of fraud or not, I simiply don't like it.

Another problem is, as the local distributor of Westone Products, they tend to step on other brands like shure/etymotic (and very strange that they only sell parallel imported shure products, while Official goods are everywhere in Mong Kok with similar price but 2 years LOCAL and GLOBAL warranty.) rather than giving a less-biased suggestion. I simply can't withstand that.

As a headphone enthusiast, most of my collections are second hand stuffs. I have no affliction with any shops and just raising my OWN humble opinions.

Personally I prefer the shop in Tak Fat Basement Shopping Arcade. It may not have best service and price, but it won't cheat you like the sales in some shops of Yau Shing Plaza. The shopkeeper is quite nice to have a smalltalk, and you may try your best to ask him to let you try the rare products like Audio-Technica's Headphone Amplifier HA2002. It sounds beautiful with my ATH-W10VTG.

If you still have any questions, feel free to Mingo's froum at http://www.mingo-hmw.com/phpBB2.
Feel free to use English too, I guess we Hong Kong Internet users needs some chances to pratise our poor writing, even I am an English Major student, sigh.

May 9, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Decreate
Wow, I guess you must go headphone shopping in HK pretty often.
icon10.gif

Mostly research on the Net.
biggrin.gif

Made just one trip recently, in March.

May 10, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by galileo_c
Let's say, when you call up the shop for price quote, they told you $100;
When you arrive there and say you just contacted them, they will tell you the price is $130.

I will not comment this is kind of fraud or not, I simiply don't like it.

Another problem is, as the local distributor of Westone Products, they tend to step on other brands like shure/etymotic (and very strange that they only sell parallel imported shure products, while Official goods are everywhere in Mong Kok with similar price but 2 years LOCAL and GLOBAL warranty.) rather than giving a less-biased suggestion. I simply can't withstand that.

As a headphone enthusiast, most of my collections are second hand stuffs. I have no affliction with any shops and just raising my OWN humble opinions.

Personally I prefer the shop in Tak Fat Basement Shopping Arcade. It may not have best service and price, but it won't cheat you like the sales in some shops of Yau Shing Plaza. The shopkeeper is quite nice to have a smalltalk, and you may try your best to ask him to let you try the rare products like Audio-Technica's Headphone Amplifier HA2002. It sounds beautiful with my ATH-W10VTG.

If you still have any questions, feel free to Mingo's froum at http://www.mingo-hmw.com/phpBB2.
Feel free to use English too, I guess we Hong Kong Internet users needs some chances to pratise our poor writing, even I am an English Major student, sigh.

I've only been there twice and the guy seems OK, but I guess it was because I was asking about the UM2. He even let me try his pair with the triflanges I had on my E5.
icon10.gif

May 12, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #27 of 35
I'd say try going to the chinese forum's headphone meets if you can, or go to that shop of headphonehk.com...That's one of the few places you can actually try the headphone's on. The other Mong Kok shops and even Tak Fat won't let you try, I guess even worse if you are a kid (well I am)

Hehe haven't been in head-fi for a year.

May 12, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
I guess even worse if you are a kid (well I am)

lol...me too....this doesn't sound good news....how old are u? Me= 15, I might even get more diffculties in trying headphones if I'm smaller then you.

May 12, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #29 of 35
We will have a meet on 5/28 and 29 in Prince Edward.
The 28th will be specially for LP and
29th is first Portable Headphones/Earphones Meeting.
If you are Interested Pls register at:
http://www.mingo-hmw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6220

Date: 2005/5/29
Time: 7pm to 10pm
Venue: Function Room, 2/F, Boundary Street Indoor Games Hall No.2, Boundary Street, Prince Edward (Near MTR Exit A)
Fee: HK$10 (We have to book the function room and pay)

You can register in the forum, and list your equipments.

hi lojay, how's life?

May 12, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by renesis_au
since i dont know how to read chinese, would u guys mind telling me how much etymotic er6, er6i, audio technica a500, sony xd400 are generally in hong kong? thats if u guys dont mind
etysmile.gif

Ety products in Hong Kong are more expensive than buying online from discountheadphones.com. I strongly advise not to buy in Hong Kong.

A500 should be around 800-900, as A700 is around 1100 and A900 around 1600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back