Where to get headphone stands?
Jun 7, 2007 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Quixizous

Head-Fier
I know of headphile, woo audio, and TTVJ. Other than that, where can I get something to hang a pair or two of headphones? Doesn't necessarily have to be designed specifically for storing headphones. I've seen some people on this forum using metal banana hangers, but I didn't see that particular type at my local WalMart. I'd also rather buy than DIY. Still a newbie.
wink.gif
I might just end up getting the woo stand, which looks really stylish, unless there are better or cheaper options.

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 18
I would encourage the woo stand, for several reasons: It is cheaper than the headphile stuff, at least as sturdy (being solid metal w/ torque screws), it has an amazingly small footprint on a desk, and it provides adequate height for the cords to curve. Some stands are too short, and force the chords to bend radically. Plus it is available in 2 colors. It also does not want to wobble whatsoever.
I tried to find banana stands before I saw the Woo, and was always put off by the lack of one of these criteria, and that is when I was actually able to find any.

My 2 cents.

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 18
For the $$, I don't think you can go wrong with the Woo stands. I have a Headphile and several Woo stands in black with a couple of silver on order. While the Headphile is beautiful, the Woo's stands work just as well and I can have one in any room of the house where I happen to have a headphone resting.

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 18
Those Woo stands are nice and Larry [Headphile] does great work. I am more of a custom guy myself, so my personal recommendation would be to contact Steve [swt61].

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those Woo stands are nice and Larry [Headphile] does great work. I am more of a custom guy myself, so my personal recommendation would be to contact Steve [swt61].

Man, swt61 racks are a work of art. Beautiful racks!
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, swt61 racks are a work of art. Beautiful racks!
biggrin.gif

Aye.
biggrin.gif

stand2.jpg

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 18
I am not a DIY man yet I managed to do this and it took me less than 30 minutes. Could be easily improved with one straight tube from the base to the top.

DSC_35981.jpg

Can easily hold two or three headphones :

DSC_37361.jpg

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #11 of 18
Thanks, everyone. Seems like the Woo Audio stand has quite a few fans, and those swt61 stands look pretty sweet, too (that DIY rack he made was impressive). Guess it's Woo for the win.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you search on ebay for banana stands you'll see dozens of options and styles. Prices can also be incredibly attractive (less than $15).

Another vote for banana stands. Get them at Linens N Things or Bed Bath & Beyond type place in person or online. Cheap and funtional, but if you need decorum as well then the Woo stuff (or that swt62!) immediately becomes an easy choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back