Where to get headphone stands?
Oct 17, 2006 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

pata2001

100+ Head-Fier
I'm new at this, so bear with me. I have a couple of headphones now, and I've been seeing people putting their headphones on headphone stands. My questions is, where can I get those? I'm sure it is not something you'll find at bestbuy/target.

I checked online, and the ones I found are in the hundreds of dollars...
blink.gif
I mean, is there a more economical solution? I'm in the US by the way.

Oct 17, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 12
Oct 17, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 12
mug trees and towel racks also work. but yes, to step up to the big boys Headphile.com has custom headphone stands. i use a towel rack for the STAX and a Headphile stand for the Grados.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #5 of 12
K-Mart has a nice black banana hanger, that's what I use. I think it was about $5. Target doesn't have any good banana hangers.

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 12
Oct 18, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nospam
I use these.

i got a couple of those as well. great for holding my nightstand cans and my SR225s hanging from a small shelf next to my desk. they're pretty cool though i like the hanger that comes with the HD595s better. still want one of those but not interested in the cans.
wink.gif

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05
i got a couple of those as well. great for holding my nightstand cans and my SR225s hanging from a small shelf next to my desk. they're pretty cool though i like the hanger that comes with the HD595s better. still want one of those but not interested in the cans.
wink.gif

You can buy them for like $15 seperate.

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05
if you want something really nice, talk to swt61. nothing but beautiful, top-notch one-off builds.

If you're buckin' for a free stand, you're gettin' close! Seriously though thanks for the praise. Still lovin' your handy work as well buddy!

Oct 18, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
If you're buckin' for a free stand, you're gettin' close! Seriously though thanks for the praise. Still lovin' your handy work as well buddy!

Hmm...
evil_smiley.gif

I agree with warrior05! Your headphone stands are AMAZING!
basshead.gif

The sheer detail and intimacy of the woodwork is simply breathtaking to see in person, I'm surprised you haven't gotten them patented, you could make some serious cash! I mean they are better than any professional stand I have ever seen! In fact, I would not hesitate to say they are even better than the headphile stands!

Oct 18, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Hmm...
evil_smiley.gif

I agree with warrior05! Your headphone stands are AMAZING!
basshead.gif

The sheer detail and intimacy of the woodwork is simply breathtaking to see in person, I'm surprised you haven't gotten them patented, you could make some serious cash! I mean they are better than any professional stand I have ever seen! In fact, I would not hesitate to say they are even better than the headphile stands!

Thanks for the kind words. Actually they've been keeping me busy on the weekends, never knew they would be so popular. I have Duggeh to thank, he was looking for a stand to fit his oddly shaped Jecklins, and I offered to give it a whirl. He owns the very first swt61 stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back