Where to get HD650's
Mar 10, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 15
Amazon sells like everything, hi-fi audio is not excluded
beyersmile.png

Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD650 Open-Air Dynamic Audiophile Headphone: Electronics

Edit: Just glancing through amazon's page incited me to look further into the warranties on Sennheiser stuff. Are they really that picky about who you buy from? Is it the general rule of thumb that new Senn cans DO NOT have a valid warranty unless you buy from who they tell you to?

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 15
I'd imagine that Senn's have a warranty if you buy them from Amazon. How could they exclude the largest online retailer completely? I'd imagine most HD650's are purchased from Amazon, due to them being nearly 100 dollars lower in price than anywhere else (usually).

It would suck to pay 360 dollars for some HD650's and then find out that they don't come with a warranty of any kind.

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd imagine that Senn's have a warranty if you buy them from Amazon. How could they exclude the largest online retailer completely? I'd imagine most HD650's are purchased from Amazon, due to them being nearly 100 dollars lower in price than anywhere else (usually).

It would suck to pay 360 dollars for some HD650's and then find out that they don't come with a warranty of any kind.

I believe the ones bought from Amazon themselves have warranty, but the ones bought from some of the marketplace sellers do not.

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 15
Good point. Most of the people I know that have shopped at Amazon have accidentally bought something from one of the third party sellers at least once.

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #8 of 15
Damn. The price of these is up and down.

When I bought my HD650s about 2 months ago they were going on amazon for $450. I bought them from a guy on ebay for 350, they were never used, but they were 6 months old.

Anyways. Another vote for amazon. They are all-around great.

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #13 of 15
I also got my HD650's from JR at around the $320 price. Back in February, there was a deal ran by Senn themselves and the HD650's were half off at about $275. But that was a rather special event.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldaustin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give HeadRoom a call and ask for their best price on the HD650s.

Best advise in this thread. Head-fi sponser which means part of your purchase helps to support this site. I just ordered a pair for less than $350 with free shipping. Authorized dealer. Great rep. Fair price. What more could you want? Go to headphone.com and call today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back