Where to get DIY cable parts shipped to Europe?
Jan 24, 2005 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Velvet

100+ Head-Fier
I just got an e-mail from markertek that the shipping for just two Canare connectors and some Star Quad cables would cost min. 65$(!). I don't know if theres any other good places where I could get all parts for some DIY cables with OK shipping rates to Europe.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jan 24, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 10
I'm interested, too. If there's no (suitable) source for DIY cables in Europe we can take a group buy into consideration to minimize shipping cost.

Jan 24, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 10
Global Priority mail(4-6 days delivery) costs $9.00 for a 9x12 envelope. PM me and I will try to help you on this.

Jan 24, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 10
check out your local music stores, pa sale/hire places, dj stores. i had a hard time finding the stuff at first myself, but digging a little deeper (as in past a google) i found heaps of stuff locally......

Jan 24, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 10
I've had ordered by www.dienadel.de, and I think they are reasonable and has a wide range of products no matter what you are looking for when it comes to connectors and cables. As a bonus I receieved a small bags of Haribo Goldbären..... jaaaa! schmeckt ganz wunderbar
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daroid
I've had ordered by www.dienadel.de, and I think they are reasonable and has a wide range of products no matter what you are looking for when it comes to connectors and cables. As a bonus I receieved a small bags of Haribo Goldbären..... jaaaa! schmeckt ganz wunderbar
biggrin.gif

I know dienadel.de for over ten years now and their assortment is excellent, especially for connectors and RCA cables. Unfortunately the wires for internal interconnects are quite expensive: at least 5 EUR = $9 per meter silver plated copper wire
frown.gif

Concerning cable for headphones I don't see any product for DIYing a Senn cable, can you recommend one ?

Jan 24, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinchen
I know dienadel.de for over ten years now and their assortment is excellent, especially for connectors and RCA cables. Unfortunately the wires for internal interconnects are quite expensive: at least 5 EUR = $9 per meter silver plated copper wire
frown.gif

Concerning cable for headphones I don't see any product for DIYing a Senn cable, can you recommend one ?

heheh, yes that Van den Hul silver plated copper wire is expensive, I tried a meter of it nad it is o.k. wlthough the insulation melts too easily IMO
frown.gif

I'm not quite sure what I can use (see my other recent thread), but I have some ideas that i'll like to try. This one: http://www.dienadel.de/lshop,showdet...062262526,.htm, if it really is stereo - looks like it is. Then i'll use this: http://www.dienadel.de/lshop,showdet...062262526,.htm soldered in a Y connection to the NF-202 cable (with heatshrink where they connect).
I haven't looked much yet, there are probably many good combinations.

One thing that bothers me is that in Germany, if they have cinch/RCA-cable sold by the foot or meter, they often only have cables from Sommer Cable. Why is that ? Where is Van den Hul - Oehlbach, Monitor, Ortofon, Cardas etc. etc. ?
I have some Galileo-238 and the Spirit from Sommercable here and they are not good for anything but RCA since they are so thick and huge in diameter.

Do you know any webshops in Germany which has a wide range of cables from different manufacturers sold by the metre, besides Dienadel ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back