Where to get AAC and Lossless?
Jan 26, 2007 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

ChickenGod

1000+ Head-Fier
Where is a website that I can download AAC and ALAC files? The site must be legal (of course), accept US Currency and safe. I don't like buying CD's because if I just like one song in that album, why buy the whole CD?! Thanks for all your help... If someone has asked this question before, ignore this thread and just post the link. Thanks!

-ChickenGod

It has to be Apple Lossless... Not Lossless WMA

So, MusicGiants is out of the question
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 46
Unfortunately, the only place I know where you can get AAC is the iTunes store. As far as ALAC, no idea. Sorry.

Jan 26, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, iTunes has AAC? Do you know what bitrate? I hope it's not 128 or 192...

I wish it were 192, which is a pretty fair compromise on an ipod.

And, I can't believe we still don't have the option of purchasing lossless. Of course it doesn't surprise me, but it still angers me greatly.

Jan 26, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 46
Hi monkey! I wish we had the choice to buy Apple Lossless. It would be a lot cheaper than buying a whole CD if I just like one song in it. Allofmp3.com is an illegal site correct?

Jan 26, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #7 of 46
Yes. It is a Russian piracy site.

Additionally:
1. If you only like one song on an album, you are listening to the wrong music
2. You should be able to convert WMA lossless to ALAC relatively easily, if the WMA does not have DRM.

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #10 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. If you only like one song on an album, you are listening to the wrong music

I mostly agree on a personal level, but lord knows there are some fantastic singles out there from people who seem completely incapable of writing any decent music beyond the one fluke.

[EDIT] FYI - iTunes went DRM-free with the release of iTunes 7 IIRC.

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #11 of 46
I just like some of their songs. I'm picky about what songs I like and so I have songs from different bands and artists. What does IIRC mean?
tongue.gif

EDIT: Never mind, I googled it =].. Gotta love google..

Jan 26, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #13 of 46
Jan 26, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #14 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, I guess I'll just buy USED CD's from Amazon.com. What is a good ripper and a converter/encoder to ALAC and AAC?

Amazon is a great place to buy used cds. 85% of my collection is used cds from amazon. So far I only have one album that was bad.

Anyway since you're getting used cds I recommend using EAC to rip into WAV first. That'll make sure you have as best a copy as possible. Then use iTunes to convert those WAVs to ALAC and AAC.

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #15 of 46
1. Allofmp3 is illegal. Russian means nothing when it comes to American copyright of American music bought in America. End of story. You are better off downloading illegally and saving your money for concert tickets.

2. Itunes still uses DRM, even 7.0+

3. Itunes functions very well as a ripper of ALAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back