Where to get a Fuze v1 ?
Dec 2, 2009 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

RBYRER

100+ Head-Fier
Just as the tittle says , I'm looking for one that I can rockbox . So far I have not found out anywhere if you can rockbox a Fuze that has the v2 firmware . I really want one that I can rockbox . If anybody know where I can find one , it sure would be appreciated . Also I would prefer new , but would buy refurbished if new was not available , thanks .

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 14
Since the only way to definitively tell if a Fuze is v1 is to physically check its firmware version, there's really no way to get one new without simply crossing your fingers and hoping for the best...and I'd be willing to bet the retail market is mostly (if not all) v2s at this point. Unfortunately, that limits you to scouring the used market (ebay, craigslist, and "for sale" forums, basically) and being able to communicate with sellers before you buy.

Dec 5, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 14
When I was looking for mine (On Ebay) it was just a matter of sending everyone who was selling one an Email/question asking them if they could check the firmware and tell you what it is. Eventually I found one that was V.1.0002 or something like that (Version 1) and purchased it.

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badsam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I was looking for mine (On Ebay) it was just a matter of sending everyone who was selling one an Email/question asking them if they could check the firmware and tell you what it is. Eventually I found one that was V.1.0002 or something like that (Version 1) and purchased it.

Same here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 14
I think the V1 came with a different packaging than the V2. Right now I am certain the new packaging is V2, the ones that come in plastic sealed container. While the V1 used a box, and the player was sealed in a plastic container. But, I could be wrong.

Edit: For instance, I am sure this one here is V1, clicky, but please don't kill me if im wrong lol. I would try to find some in my city, but it looks like everyone is out of these packaged Fuze.

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the V1 came with a different packaging than the V2. Right now I am certain the new packaging is V2, the ones that come in plastic sealed container. While the V1 used a box, and the player was sealed in a plastic container. But, I could be wrong.

Edit: For instance, I am sure this one here is V1, clicky, but please don't kill me if im wrong lol. I would try to find some in my city, but it looks like everyone is out of these packaged Fuze.

My crappy v1 Fuze came in the "newer?" box, apparently.
sansa_fuze_8gb_silver_box.JPG

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Unfortunately, that's not reliably true. SanDisk is notorious for mixing packaging and player versions. Without knowing the actual firmware type of any given player, it's still a crapshoot.

Dec 6, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My crappy v1 Fuze came in the "newer?" box, apparently.
sansa_fuze_8gb_silver_box.JPG

Why's it crappy? The v1 is the only version which can be Rockboxed, escalating it WAY beyond the potential of any v2.

If you're not concerned with Rockbox, the v1 and v2 are designed to be functionally identical. That said, the latest SanDisk firmware (0x.02.28) actually has a ReplayGain bug in it which only affects the v2 models, making the v1s superior to the v2s (for the time being) even with the stock firmware.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #13 of 14
Ordered refurbed 2G Fuze from New Egg the weekend after Thanksgiving. Arrived wrapped in bubble wrap in a plain white box along with buds and usb cable.
Unit is v1 / fw 01.02.26

Rig:
Refurb 2G Fuze (Rockboxed) $30.00
Sandisk 8G MicroHDSC $15.00
Koss KSC75 $16.00

All The Beatles mono and stereo remasters (FLAC) fit on the card.

Regards,
-Gary

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

damn, my hopes and dreams are crushed now lol. Guess time to buy random Fuzes and hope to get a V1 lol.

I have a fuze v1 4GB , probably gonna sell it as i just got a new ipod classic

there are some scratches on the plastic, but works perfectly.

lemme know if you're interested, was gonna put an ad up in the classified section tonight anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back