Where to find V-moda Vibe's in the GTA
Nov 21, 2006 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Desk Monkey

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I'm located in Toronto and I'm looking for the new Vibe's in gunmetal but it seems that no stores have them instock and Apple has a monopoly on then online in Canada. If anyone could please direct me to where/how I can get them here in Toronto that would be great.

Cheers,
DM

Nov 21, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 30
I don't think anyone's seen them in a physical store at all, and Apple's online store is the only place I could find them besides straight from V-Moda. What's wrong with Apple?

Nov 21, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 30
since I broke my cans I've got nothing to use for headphones and I don't really want to wait a week for shipping from apple. However, it is starting to look like that's going to be the case
frown.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 30
its 129.95 with free shipping from the apple.ca store, but the delivery delay is quite long.

V-MODA Vibe Earphones (Gunmetal Black)

$129.95
Ships by: Nov 22 - Nov 27
Delivers by: Dec 5 - Dec 13

with express shipping this is what it has to say:

$142.95
Delivers by: Nov 28 - Dec 5

Nov 21, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 30
Apple Stores are getting them in stock now (I called and checked and they are in LA), Fry's Electronics are rolling in, and Virgin should be in too. Bloomingdale's is behind, may be a few more weeks. Some Virgin stores aren't on the shelf yet unfortunately, but they are in the back.

I believe London Drugs is getting them in Canada, I will report back.

Shipping is about 7 days from Shop V-MODA direct to Canada, not sure about Apple.com but they give padding to underpromise and over deliver
smily_headphones1.gif
and ship quickly.

Nov 22, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desk Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when shipping from V-moda you have to pay all kinds of import fee's, taxes and such do you not? I've never had anything shipped in from the US

I ordered mine on Nov 13th directly from V-Moda and received them today (I'm in Calgary). There were no import fees, duty, or other charges - just what I paid to V-Moda.

Nov 22, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

when shipping from V-moda you have to pay all kinds of import fee's, taxes and such do you not? I've never had anything shipped in from the US

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleksandr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah. Getting anything worth more than $20 shipped from the US (especially new) is either a (i) nightmare or (ii) a big hole in your pocket or both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cferneyh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine on Nov 13th directly from V-Moda and received them today (I'm in Calgary). There were no import fees, duty, or other charges - just what I paid to V-Moda.

One thing when shipping from US avoid UPS ground. They have horrendous brokerage fees. You can search a bit on UPS and canada or UPS and brokerage if you want example

USPS is handle by Canada Post when it cross the border.
From V-moda website they seem to use USPS for international shipping which is good

You may get taxe (GST and PST depending on your region) charged for anything over $20, they usually has a $5 processing fees.

Some time you luck out and the postal worker just let you package pass without charging anything. I guess they not in the mood to fill the paperwork.
It happen pretty often although technically your suppose to pay taxes for commercial package over $20 and gift over $60.

Sometime Package get stuck in custom I once had to wait 1 month for custom clearance but that the only untoward delay nothing as bad since. I had there is some other example in this forum so it happen sometime but not that often It's very frustrating when it happen. I like going by EMS USPS Global Express to prevent delay but usually the cheaper service are fine but has a small change of getting stuck in custom

Nov 22, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #11 of 30
I guess we have been lucky, as only about three customers out of MANY in Canada have been aked to pay extra. Maybe the warehouse made a deal with customs
evil_smiley.gif

Apple Store Toronto - just got an email saying they will be in the Apple Store Downtown Toronto in next couple days.

-val

Nov 23, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

its 129.95 with free shipping from the apple.ca store, but the delivery delay is quite long.

$129.95
Delivers by: Dec 5 - Dec 13

with express shipping this is what it has to say:

$142.95
Delivers by: Nov 28 - Dec 5

Probably due to Thanksgiving. If they don't ship on the 22nd. Nobody working 23rd and 24th. So, that leaves Monday for shipments. Oh look thats the 27th. Yeah... so its not Apple's fault. Its merely Thanksgiving's fault.

Nov 23, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by poonpower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about apple store in yorkdale?

Cant v-moda declare it as a gift? so we dont have to get charged with customs and taxes.

lol

Sorry. THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THE MACHINE!!!!

And if you think you've got it bad. I live in Quebec. Here the only thing not taxed is the maple syrup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back