Where to find Stax 5-pin connector?
Feb 7, 2006 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hozo

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know where I can buy a Stax male connector part?

KGilmore's article had an Allied part # for the socket, but I'm looking for the connector. Audiocubes sells an extension cable, but $90 is kind of expensive for a connector.

thanks

Feb 8, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 6
have you looked around allied for the connector compatible with the socket? like maybe part number 719-4027....

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 6
Look up the Allied part's datasheet, and from there you should be able to figure out what the part number of the connector is.

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the replies. Part #719-4027 would work if I were using KG's suggested 719-4043 as the socket. I have the Headamp kgss and it comes with a 5 pin stax pro socket. I guess it would work if the dressing and the 6th middle pin were sawed off.

Currently, I have wires taped into the socket. I can't bear to drill a hole in such beautiful aluminum just to solder on a ghetto RJ45 socket
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 10:53 AM Post #5 of 6
now, the male pins from AMP /Molex-style 4-pin power ponnectors are pretty much the same size as STAX pins if you want to fashion some cheap connector yourself.
wink.gif

I had photos of my STAX to HE90 convertor using them, but I guess I have to reload it after the photo.head-fi.org crash a while back wiped the picture out. (I've now mounted the HE90 connector on the amp so this particular convertor is no more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back