Where to find replacement screw for D5000?
Mar 29, 2011 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

burningstar4

New Head-Fier
Recently, I made the mistake of leaving my dear D5000s on the end of my bed, and they fell (maybe a 2-3 foot drop).  Nothing seemed to be broken, other than that one of the ear cups had detached from the headband.  It seemed that the screw holding it there had sheared.

Now, try as I might, I've had NO luck figuring out where I might order a part like this from Denon.  It seems like it should be a reasonably quick fix once I have a new screw.  Does anyone have any experience or ideas on where I might find such a thing?  I'd love to get them repaired ASAP!

I can get a picture of the screw in question, if need be.

Mar 30, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 8
So the threads that the bolt screws into are ok? I remember trying to do this about 2 years ago and being unsuccesfull. I did end up finding a solution though (my problem was different: the threads were stripped). Lemme find a link...

edit:link . Now that I think about it, I may have 3 extra bolts, since I replaced them all out. I'd have to check though, and it may be a week or two before I get a chance.

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 8
Yeah, the threads seem to be fine.  It's just that the screw is literally broken between the piece that slots into the headband and the nut that holds it in.

edit: After looking at the thread you linked, I think the screw I'm talking about is much smaller.  It's maybe an inch long and the cross-section is about as big as the tip of a ballpoint pen.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #8 of 8
Hi guys

I don't know if anyone found the conclusion to this screw fix. I have found a website that makes the exact part your looking for.
I had the same problem. Just placed an order and waiting for my replacement now.

https://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/search.html?query=AHD5000

Hope this helps! :wink:

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back