Where to Find Hifi Stores that Sell Headphones?
Oct 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

comicguy5

New Head-Fier
I live near Pittsburgh and it seems that nobody sells anything but Skullcandy and Beats, and occasionally a few pairs of Sennheiser. Does anybody know of any stores that sell high-end headphones near Pittsburgh? If I'm using the yellow pages website, what key words should I use to search for a store like that?

Oct 23, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 7
Also looking for the answer to this. I would like to actually try a variety of hi end headphones in a store so I can have a better perspective... I live in NJ

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 7
I had the same issue in my area. I found one place in Dallas that is mostly speakers and speaker oriented gear. They offer high end Grado and Senn's as well as the Grado amp and the Black Cube Linear. Was neat, I got to try the 325i's and RS2i's as well as the HD600, HD650 and HD800. The prices weren't unreasonable either. Its just a matter of searching. I don't really recall how I stumbled upon it, but I suppose you could try looking for a high end speaker shop or something similar in your area.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #5 of 7
Hello fellow Pittsburger :) It seems like there are never any meets around here or stores that sell anything good. I've seriously been thinking of either suggesting a meet or having my own. The problem with making my own though is I don't have the space in my own home and don't have the money to rent some place for a day...

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #7 of 7
The store Connnorrr was referring to in Dallas is Audio Concepts. Here's the link to their homepage:

http://www.audioconceptsonline.com/

I use them whenever I start jonesin for another pair of Grados. You won't find variety in regards to brands. What you will find, however, are the full model lineups (almost) of two of the industries long time cornerstones-Grado and Sennheiser. Only two, but the two that embody and have perfected their own unique and unmistakable sound, yet each ones sound a complete departure from the other. Combine the great audio, emanating from your choice of Grado or Sennheiser matched with Grado's RA1 amp and another amp for the people who choose Senns. Kick back in the chair, pop in YOUR music, or theirs, and enter nirvana. They don't hassle, push, or rush you. Once situated they very much respect the process and all that entails.

The one drawback. . . UNLESS DEFECTIVE, ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. But for someone like me who knows that Grados are the sound I seek, combined with detailed and uninterrupted listening sessions-its usually not a problem. However, my next purchase will be something in the RS2is or up, and that's an amount of money I want some added wiggle room with
and luckily Headroom loves their customers just as Audio Concepts does-their just a little more forgiving :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back