where to find earbud foam pads?
Mar 26, 2004 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Leland

New Head-Fier
So, I have a pair of old Sony Earbuds (model unknown, but I like them) and MX300s (came with my Karma) and three aging pieces of earbud foam between them.

Where can I (on the cheap) buy some new pads?

I'm located in New York City, so maybe Canal Street has a place where I can buy an envelope of them for a few bucks?

As I'm in the city I love the buds for the subway. I'm scared of canalphones and big enclosing cans don't fit in my pocket. That's where I am. Maybe I'll try some px200s, but I'll probably still be fine with the buds. It's not like the subway is a place I'm looking for sonic quality.

Appreciate the help.

Mar 26, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Radio Shack will have foam replacements for about $2. I hear that these are often considered an "upgrade" to standard foam pads for earbuds.

Or, you can stop by my place on W. 77th St and I will give you a set of foam replacement pads for free.

Mar 27, 2004 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the offer - I rarely get above Houston myself... To Radioshack I go.

Of course, I got a nice offer from work to buy myself a new pair of phones for the subway and office in return for an extra project I took care (it took me 15 minutes, but keep quiet). I've got a $100 budget from buy.com or other places where we have an account. It's looking like e2cs, px200s, or 280-pros. Can't decide what I'm looking for...

Mar 27, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 9
Those ultra cheap Radio Shack pads just so happen to be the best that money can buy! They are really great, and will transform the MX500 to the best ear-buds that money can buy, and they should help, in theory anyway, other ear-buds as well.

Mar 27, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 9
The part number for the Radio Shack foamies is: 33-376

Mar 27, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #7 of 9
Awesome. My local one looked at me weird. I'll try another one tomorrow.

While I'm at it, what should I get for my gift headphones... Right now I've got the also-ran in a few categories...

Small, open - koss ksc50s
Big, open - Senn HD545s (like the sound, connection can be flaky at times, and phones are heavy)
Buds - use 'em on the subway so I don't care

I think I need the closed ones...I think it will be e2c's. Are they safe to wear in between the subway and my office? I'll hear cars honk, right? If not, I should probably get px200s. Or just switch to different buds for above ground use.

Mar 27, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 9
e2c's are cannalphones...am I missing the fact that you are scared of them and yet interested in getting them?
confused.gif

I love my KSC-35, go to www.koss.com...much better than the KSC-50. It is my only open headphone
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back