Where to find an 80gb ipod video in the UK
Oct 21, 2007 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

murfy

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know which shops still sell 80gb ipod videos now in the UK? Not at stupid prices of around £240. I was waiting to see how the classic turned out but they are terrible and don't show any signs of improving, getting rockbox support etc. so it looks like I'll have to source an older 5.5g ipod to put rockbox on and use with an amp.

I'm sure I saw them on amazon for ~£159 recently but now they are well over £200 there.

Unless anyone knows of another make that I can use with lossless, has line out and over 30gb space at a decent price?
confused.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks, but all I could find where 6th gen or classics, used or a few from sellers with very low feedback who have suddenly decided to start selling a number of them - which usually means hijacked accounts on ebay.

I did see one from the US saying no customs but obviously if it's shipped from the US they can't guarantee that as it's illegal unless they pay it at their end and with those fees you're probably just as well buying at £200 odd here. If they mark the price down on the parcel what happens if it's lost? More than likely you end up out of pocket as they will, no doubt say you got it.

I would be tempted to import a Kenwood if they would play flaac.

Oct 22, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by murfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Quaddy. I did find the white one but I don't know why I never turned up the black unless it was my search terms (or I'm just daft!)

NP, i am an ebay hawk!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back