Where to find a female TRRS connector?
Dec 21, 2012 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

xfls

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a female TRRS connector because I want to build a TRRS - > mic+audio adapter for my earphones. I was not able to find a single one for a hour of searching 
blink.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 19
mouser.com, search for 3.5 mm jack, select audio/video connectors, then filter for contact positions = 4.

Do the same thing for plugs, if you need them too.

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 19
I want to split the 4 conductor connector of my Phonak Audeo 112 to two separate connectors for mic and audio so I would be able to use them as pc headset. 

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 19
I really don't think they're all that bad. I bought a couple myself, looks like they would last as long as you need them to.  The thing is, I really don't think what you're looking for exists.  If you want to make the cable, you're probably going to have to accept a compromise.  Unless you plan to make 50,000 copies, then you can go to China and have anything you want made.  If you want to make one for yourself, you'll have to take what's available.

No, I don't sell them.

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 19
Yeah, teh gender being wrong occurred to me after I clicked the submit button...

Could grab a TRSS extesnion cable from eBay, chop the male end off and reterminate it with suitable connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back