where to eat in atlanta?
Apr 2, 2015 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kugino

Headphoneus Supremus
hey all you atlantans...recommend me some places to eat! i'll be there next week for a few days (well, one day will be at augusta going to the masters)...

i like local, home-style places. unique to atlanta. doesn't have to be expensive - in fact, i prefer it to be down to earth, hole-in-the-wall-types...

anyway, fire away!

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 4
I recommend going to Ponce City Market. It’s a bunch of cool and fun restaurants in an old building that used to be a Sears department store back in the 1950s or so.

Lots of good eateries but I think the general crowd pleaser would be Minero restaurant because they have above average quality burritos and they are seem to be bigger in size in comparison to other burrito places. So one of the burritos can really fill you up. You might have share one actually. And they use higher quality ingredients.

They also have an above average cocktail menu too so their margaritas and other cocktails are better quality in comparison to your average Mexican style bar.

Another cool feature is that they have a good selection of high end tequilas and mezcal. It’s not cheap but if you have money to burn it’s a fun way to sample some really good stuff.

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 4
Strangely to my knowledge I don’t think Atlanta has a local food specialty dish that stands out. If you’re looking for local specialty dishes, you would have to drive to Nashville or Memphis. (For example: Memphis style ribs, Nashville hot chicken, etc...)

Jan 10, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 4
An interesting thing about Atlanta is that the city is used frequently for making Hollywood movies, TV shows and of course the CNN headquarters. Film studios are also in the area.

So in theory, if you had eaten out at a restaurant, you may have sat near a celebrity without realizing it. Hollywood director Jon Favreau (Iron Man movies) is known to be a frequent Atlanta visitor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back