Where to Download FLAC or WAV albums?
Mar 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

WaveRider69

100+ Head-Fier
Hey what's up
biggrin.gif

Are there any good places to purchase FLAC or WAV albums/tracks?

I mainly use beatport but I'm looking for a place similar to them that offers mainstream music titles as well. Are there other good places out there?

Thanks!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 17
The thread posted is nice.

While HD tracks is nice, so is buying the actual CD, and just ripping it to FLAC, or Apple Lossless if your on a mac.

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 17
Probably cheaper for me to just buy the CD in the first place, considering how much I pay for my internet monthly.

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 17
Like a lot of people say, just get a cd used for cheap, and then rip to whatever format you wish.

Lets say if you pay a dollar for each track over the net, and the album has 11 tracks, you'll more than likely be able to buy that album used for the same price/cheaper and then rip it to your computer as many times as you want.

I find buying songs over the internet useful if I'm only after a number of good songs on that album, rather than it as a whole.

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #10 of 17
And also 100% pure, unadulterated piracy. Rapidshare can be pretty bad that way. Not to mention that FLAC is pretty big, and that the album would likely be split up into 5-10 separate archives/archive segments. Combine that with Rapidshare's fifteen-minutes-between-files policy (for free users), and you're looking at several hours of download time.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #13 of 17
etree!!!!

http://bt.etree.org

At eTree you'll find all sorts of free legal downloads.  It's where I get all my Grateful Dead matrixes and soundboards, some of them being in 24-bit, and if you check it out, I think you'll be really surprised at how broad the offerings are there.  It's a fantastic site that every music fan should know.

Also http://dead.net sells most Grateful Dead commercial recordings as CDs, as FLACs, and even as 180 gram vinyl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back