Where to demo the Denon AH-D5000 in the UK?
Jul 6, 2007 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JohnerH

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Pretty simple question...anyone know?

J

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 6
I called or visited every hifi store in New York and Boston recently. No one in either city had a pair of any Denons to demo. One store had the 5000 in stock, but would not let me demo them.

Even worse, I tried to demo the Sony 5000 in the flagship sony style store in NY. I had to wait 15 miutes for them to locate a pair and then they had to get the store manager's approval to open them up for demo. I left after waiting another 10 minutes without the phones and without the demo.

Imagine a store that specialized in selling headphones. A store based in several major cities with all headphones in stock and all demos available, hooked up to decent equipment. Think they'd sell some product?

Good luck in the UK.

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to know where I can demo *anything* (that's not a sennheiser) in the UK. Surely there must be a large store in London somewhere.

You'd think, I've spent the last hour trying all the Denon retails in london...and guess what...the answer was always..."Yeah mate we can order those, but we don't have em in stock..........But we can get them cheap for you for 500 pounds..." to which I replied, "ever heard of pricejapan.com?"

Bah!

But they all did have the sennheiser HD650's.... Shame, all I want to demo is the denon's, I heard the 650's and left me wanting more...

I'd really like to hear the denon's...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back