Where to demo headphones?
Feb 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

roguegeek

Headphoneus Supremus
Alright, went over the forums to see where I should post this. I'm not entirely sure this is the right spot for it, but I know you guys will be quick to point me in the right direction if I'm wrong. I'm very close to just blindly buying the Sony MDR-1R from a vendor with a good return policy because I can't, for the life of me, find a place that sells them for me to demo. I would really not like to do that just because there's always a chance I wont enjoy them and don't want to waste mine or the vendor's time. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Whether it's a different forum location or an actual place in the Los Angeles area, anything at all?

Thanks.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 3
Check the Local/Regional Meets thread for a meet near you if there are any. A meet is the best place to listen to the widest assortment gear. Aside from that you're doing the next best thing, dealing with a retailer with a good return policy.  

Mar 3, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 3
This advice is probably for the more serious headphone enthusiasts: Attend meets and try to network with people too for more knowledge.

Another advantage is that you can also test out amps too.

You may have to fly or drive long distances but traveling can be loads of fun.

After you find your headphone of your choice, stick with it and don’t get obsessed with more gear because it can get to the point where gear is becoming a distraction to pure music enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back