where to demo/buy grados in WI
Dec 31, 2001 at 6:08 AM Post #3 of 7
Im from the area to ,I bought my grados from Audio consultants(libertyville illinois) 847-362-5594 It's not to far from milwaukee if you know where gurnee Ill is , Its about 10 mins from there . If you have to stay local theres a guy that has a nice high end shop in down town milwaukee its called A V specialty (414)963-9928 . Last time I was there ( about 2 weeks ago ) he had a pair of sr125 demos left and he wanted 130.00 for them , He can also order any of the grado line for you . Good luck
Chris

Dec 31, 2001 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 7
Yep actually i was in Gurnee just last night stopped there on the way back from the art institute of chicago. Looks like the shop in Libertyville will work out hopefully. Thanks again.

Dec 31, 2001 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Hi!

Call a place in Glendale ( at least that's where they used to be) called Sound Designs. They're mostly a custom install place, but they had a small, decent retail floorspace which included Grado's line (last time I checked). But please, call them first befoe you make a trip for nothing. Hopefully the local boys can make good!

Dec 31, 2001 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 7
a 12 x 15 dorm room... i see why you need good headphones. The grado's are all open-back, you know... can you deal with the extra dorm noise seeping in? they'll sound great to you as long as all the extra background noise doesn't ruin your listening pleasure.

Jan 1, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #7 of 7
yep that is why I'm also getting a sony mdr v6
smily_headphones1.gif
... anyways usually it isn't too bad. walls are concrete blocks and neighbors aren't too noisey.

btw none of you might know where i might be able to demo them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back