Where to buy: Thin sleeving for single conductors?
Jun 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Senpai3330

100+ Head-Fier
There are a few cables out on the market right now like the Effect Audio Thor (pictured) that are using individual nylon/cloth sleeving for each conductor in the braid instead of just one protective covering over the entire braid. I absolutely love the aesthetic and want to recreate it on a few of my own cables.

I'm not really sure how thin of a sleeving I should use and where to purchase it. I'll be reusing some nice 26 AWG wire which is less than 1 mm in diameter even with insulation. The thinnest sleeving in the most appropriate length I could find was this listing for 3/32" techflex. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 3
I was looking around at a military surplus store not long ago and they had this black paracord about 3/16 diameter. Black nylon on the outside and white stands of some very tough material on the inside. I bought a 30 foot piece to use to wrap knife handles, and to make it flat, I pulled out the white core material. I think it would make an outstanding sleeve... they had olive drab green too.

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Actually ended up buying "micro paracord" off ebay which is Type 1 paracord... I think. There's a bunch of stuff listed under "2 mm paracord" which is the same stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back