Where to buy the Westone ES2 cable?
Dec 12, 2007 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lil' Knight

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi
biggrin.gif

I've done a hard search to find the Westone ES2 replacement cable but unsuccessful
frown.gif

Does anyone know where to get it? I'm intending to recable it with my Koss PortaPro.
Thnx in advance.
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone Website sells em.

Thnx guy
biggrin.gif
Found them
biggrin.gif
More expensive than that of UE
frown.gif

Just wonder what is the difference between the cable of UE and Westone?

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thnx guy
biggrin.gif
Found them
biggrin.gif
More expensive than that of UE
frown.gif

Just wonder what is the difference between the cable of UE and Westone?

The UE have a different casing. They are a bit thicker and tackier. Personally, I prefer the westone cables on my ES2, but both brands work fine. i tested with a buddy's ue 5 pro's and they worked fine.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spookykinkajou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UE have a different casing. They are a bit thicker and tackier. Personally, I prefer the westone cables on my ES2, but both brands work fine. i tested with a buddy's ue 5 pro's and they worked fine.

Thank you for that
biggrin.gif

What I want to clarify is whether there is any difference in the sound signature of these or not? Which will give more bass and which will give more mid/high?

Apr 17, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spookykinkajou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for that
biggrin.gif

What I want to clarify is whether there is any difference in the sound signature of these or not? Which will give more bass and which will give more mid/high?

basically the UE cables give more bass and less clarity but the fitting sucks
for the es2 cables it gives a warmer sound so vocals sound nicer.
durabilty wise the es2 cables are better many used them for a few years the ue cables memory wire spoils easily, unlike the es2 if the memory wire spoil u can remove it, for the ue one u cant.thus u have to change a new one.
in conclusion i feel that the es2 cables are better. but they are more expensive

Apr 17, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Hi
biggrin.gif

I've done a hard search to find the Westone ES2 replacement cable but unsuccessful
frown.gif

Does anyone know where to get it? I'm intending to recable it with my Koss PortaPro.
Thnx in advance.
biggrin.gif

Koss PortaPro can be recabled? the es and ue replacement cables have 2 plugs each side, how do u intend to replace? i tot Koss PortaPro do not have replaceble inserts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back