Where to buy the Sugden Headmaster
Aug 29, 2001 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sackley

Audiophile can you spare a dime?
Today, I decided to say to hell with it and to get the Headmaster because it will save me from buying it in the future. My only question is where can I order it online?

Aug 29, 2001 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 7
Too high.

What Hi -fi lists it at $519.00 British Pounds and Sugden's own suggested retail in america is $749.00 - and you should never ever pay suggested retail.

StoneAudio is trying to gouge buyers for $100.00 on top of FULL retail.

Check this Sugden Site http://www.audioinflux.com/shmst_pre.htm

and phone or e-mail some of those US dealers.

Aug 30, 2001 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 7
RGA,
I ended up paying slightly over the US retail price ($749.00) when I ordered from Stone Audio. Where do you see them hitting up customers for $100.00 over suggested retail in the US?

Sackley,
Stone Audio had to special order the US model for me but it only took 3 days for them to get it. A few other places in England had a 2 to 3 week wait. My biggest hassle was getting it though Kennedy Airport customs. They had it hung up in their for about 5 days. Be aware that you will have to pay a customs charge on top of everything else. Mine came to about $46.00 when the post office delivered it. The good news is I'll bet your going to love the amp!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2001 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 7
Stone audio lists it for $847.70
Sugden's own site lists it for $749.00 US.

Unless the first price includes shipping that is $100.00 too high.
Sugden has a few dealers in the States so he should try emailing some of them...it may be that the price went up due to popularity and Sugden's site has not been updated.

Aug 30, 2001 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 7
Jeeze, your right! I just went onto their site. Glad I ordered mine when I did! I found a place in New York (North Country Audio) but the guy was a real ass, and wouldn't commit to any kind of a return policy. He was actually trying to talk me out of buying it. No one else in the states had it in stock so I ordered from StoneAudio. Send an email to http://www.audioinflux.com/infoform.htm asking for dealers in the states who stock it, but stay away from the dealer in Redwood, NY (North Country Audio)!!

Sep 1, 2001 at 5:58 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the help, but cause of the price and shipping costs, I changed my mind. Instead, I am going to go with the MicroZOTL because of KurtW's review. That, and for some reason I like the piece o' crap look that it has. It also would blend in much better in a dorm room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back