Where to buy the IE8 now for Americans?
Apr 4, 2009 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Zalithian

Headphoneus Supremus
I did a search and I've asked inside the IE8 appreciation thread a couple times with no responses. There was only one recommendation which was a foreign shop. Are there any places inside the US selling the IE8 for under $450? I saw them for $350 just a few days ago and now they've skyrocketed again. If not inside the US, should I just buy in Australia or England?

Apr 4, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 14
NCIX had the best price for americans, but it seems they do not carry them anymore on the american site. They are still on the canadian site, however, for $350CAD.
other than that I believe the best bet is some european store.

Apr 4, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 14
Headroom (Headphone.com) is out of stock until next week they said- they think they'll come in then anyway.... Apparently Sennheiser is having a little trouble keeping production up with the demand.

The price they quoted me is $319.

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 14
That's a pretty attractive price, especially coming from somewhere like headroom.

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #7 of 14
Weren't they at around $250 a while ago?

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 14
I placed my order with Headroom earlier this week as well. I wonder what the issue is w/ production...I know it was mentioned that Senn was paying close attention to the threads that complained about fit issues, I wonder if they are changing the included tips (?).

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NCIX had the best price for americans, but it seems they do not carry them anymore on the american site. They are still on the canadian site, however, for $350CAD.

I feel so lucky right now. I got mine for $238 from Ncix a few months ago. I have feeling you won't be able to get them for the same price now but just call them and ask. No email. No Internet. Call them! If Ncix doesn't have them at a reasonable price, just leave them your name and phone number and wait to see what happens. Remember, we are in a recession. : )

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it's against the rules to say a vendors name. =p

I bought them from J&R. They are listed at $449.00 but I negotiated the price down to $379.00. B&H wouldn't negotiate but J&R did and I received mine a couple of days after I ordered them and couldn't be happier.

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #12 of 14
FYI. I had Earphonesolutions price match Headroom since they're out of stock. Got mine for $319.99 including priority shipping.
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This works out be about $300us which is pretty darn good. If I could afford them I would be looking at this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back