Where to buy STEPS?
Dec 1, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 7
You can think of the STEPS bifurcating into the TREAD and the YJPS: the TREAD keeps 99% of the performance of the STEPS for much less cost, and the YJPS takes the all-on-one-board idea and adds a better regulator than the STEPS (or TREAD) to differentiate it.

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 7
Wow, talk about modesty.
biggrin.gif
You can get a tread Kit or a YJPS board from here.
Tangent’s Parts Shop

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 7
Question: what's the status of the YJPS project? The parts shop mentioned that "improved version out later in the year", so is it worth it for me to wait for the improved version?

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 7
I have a handful of the YJPS v1.1 prototypes still, and had planned to wait for those to get out in the world so I can get some independent feedback before getting the production run. Meanwhile, I've tweaked the board a bit based on the results of that first v1.1 build, and am prepared to do more tweaks.

Nothing I've done to the board so far is more than just minor usability improvements; because I don't expect any major changes, I don't expect the performance to change between now and v1.2. It could be that someone will come up with a bright idea to improve performance that I will adopt, but it's already so good that I doubt that. Or, it could be that I screw up in making my changes and hurt the performance, but I haven't done that yet despite several revs, so...

I won't let this prototyping phase drag on too far, but I won't rush to production, either.

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Is there any STEPS or YJPS boards out there in circulation or is there a replacement board.

I would like to build power supply that fits in the 6.3 x 4.06 x 2.09 enclosure (Mouser P/N 546-1455N1601BLK.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back