Where to buy Sony MDR-CD3000 parts?
May 29, 2006 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

skyline889

Headphoneus Supremus
Where's the best place to buy replacement parts for the Sony MDR-CD3000s? I want to replace the U housings the hold the drivers in place but I can't find the part number can someone provide a link and pricing info? I also would eventually like to replace the headband pad at the top or if I can't do that then the whole headband assembly so if anyone has any info about that I'd appreciate it too.

Thanks

May 30, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 9
The check with Sony parts online or you can go out to the main Sony service and parts center outlet in Mapunapuna and order the head band assembly. If you talking about the "u" forks that holds the enclosures in place, they come complete with the headband assembly and aren't sold seperately. The same goes for the pleather pad on the top of the head band assembly. The part number for the complete headband assembly is: A-4540-110-A, the description is called: Band Assy. Head

May 30, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
The check with Sony parts online or you can go out to the main Sony service and parts center outlet in Mapunapuna and order the head band assembly. If you talking about the "u" forks that holds the enclosures in place, they come complete with the headband assembly and aren't sold seperately. The same goes for the pleather pad on the top of the head band assembly. The part number for the complete headband assembly is: A-4540-110-A, the description is called: Band Assy. Head

Thanks, I checked their online store and it wasn't there. Do you know how much they charge and how long it would take to get here if I ordered it at the one in Mapunapuna?

May 30, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 9
Not sure how long it would take to get the part in thru Mapunapuna. If they don't have the part in stock, check with partstore.com as they have it listed for $113.96.

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 9
Hi.

On this side, they said the part A4540109A - Band hassy head, originally made for the MDRCD850, is compatible with the CD-3000...

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Sony/Sony/MDRCD3000/Sony/Sony/A4540109A/New.aspx

Anybody tried or can confirmed it's ok with that ?

Thanks.
MW.

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 9
i've purchased parts for the CD3000 from Partstore.com but that was a few years back.

PM me for the diagram that sovkiller posted.  I'm pretty sure that I still have it around somewhere if you need it.

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #8 of 9
Visually looking at my pair of CD850 and CD3000, the headband assembly for the CD850 should work for the CD3000 as they both look identical. Only difference between the two is color and cheaper pleather material used on the CD850 assembly.

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks.

I would like to find other more fluffy and comfortable earpads in real lambswool leather for my CD3000 because original are crappy and not comfortable at all.

Some ideas ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back