Where to buy Shure E5C in SIngapore?
Jan 8, 2005 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jlingo

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone here perhaps from Singapore?
Great Prices would be appreciated. Also, I would like to have a listening test if possible.

Thanks for the info

Jan 8, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #2 of 19
I think you can get it in Funan Centre in city hall. There's this apple dealer that carries them. Not been there yet but heard it from a friend. Then perhaps you can try Delphi across the street from Funan Centre. They carry all the expensive audio stuffs. Might have them.

Costs SGD$700+ here in tokyo though. Perhaps Singapore is selling them more expensive due to the small market for such earphones.

I'll be going back to singapore this mar. Perhaps if you are interested, I'll let you have a go at my E5.

Jan 8, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 19
I think so. Especially in singapore.
But in tokyo, there's tons of retail shops with shures for testing/trying out. But it's kinda dirty though. I dun want to get my ears infected. But then I do have a spare flange to lend to my friends to try it out. Then alcohol it clean.

Jan 8, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 19
Thanks a lot IDKFA,
I really appreciate it. I'm actually going to be on transit in Singapore sometime next week for only one day. So I thought I would like to look around for Shure E5C. Really curious with the sound quality. I'm currently using standard Supermacro dan ER-4(Expert II supermacro on the way).
I will be in Australia in March. not sure whether I will be in transit again to Singapore in March.
But I really appreciate your offer though.

Jan 8, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #6 of 19
I got a couple of responses from another forum. I am told that you can get it in this place called "Sim Lim Square" in Bugis. It's "THE" singapore's electrical appliances hangout. But you have to know your stuffs cos if not, they'll call the prices. In other words, rocket prices.

Jan 9, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 19
Ah yes, I used to visit SimLim Square a lot in the old days(Students).
Nowadays, I go to Funan IT a lot since it's closer to Swissotel where I'm staying during transit.

Jan 9, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #8 of 19
WAILIAN ELECTRONICS ENTERPRISE
1 Rochor Canal Road
#01-28 Sim Lim Square ? Singapore 188504
Tel. (65) 339-9320/0243 ? Fax (65) 339-9960

Esden Trading, #01-01 Sim Lim Square
Tel: 63339745

best to call first to enquire whether they have stock

pricing wise, you should have a rough gauge of pricing yourself, do not just rely on pricing given by retailers

e.g. I got my shure e2c from esden at roughly US$100, not cheap, but I don't have a credit card to buy online

for more singapore headphone info, you can go to
http://www.sgheadphones.net

Jan 9, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 19
IIRC there was an old store in People park selling electronics... Will need to find out more info.
Another place is Adelphi, which the people over at sgheadphones.net can help you.

Also if you think you are being spoken to rudely, dont express any anger, instead just walk away and let the other shops make your business. As in my opinion rude salesperson does not deserve to be kept in business. This happens a lot in SLS. A lot less in Funan IT and Adelphi

Jan 9, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by seiko_citizen
IIRC there was an old store in People park selling electronics... Will need to find out more info.
Another place is Adelphi, which the people over at sgheadphones.net can help you.

Also if you think you are being spoken to rudely, dont express any anger, instead just walk away and let the other shops make your business. As in my opinion rude salesperson does not deserve to be kept in business. This happens a lot in SLS. A lot less in Funan IT and Adelphi

Do you have any experiences with the folks in Adelphi/Dephi? How they like?

Jan 9, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #11 of 19
there is also this shop in sim lim square called 'hung brothers'. its on the 2nd or 3rd floor. can't remember. it is close to the escalators. they have a pretty good selection too.

Jan 10, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #12 of 19
Wow Guys definitely thanks a lot for the info.
I will be in Singapore this Wednesday, I would definitely go and pay a visit.

Jan 10, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
there is also this shop in sim lim square called 'hung brothers'. its on the 2nd or 3rd floor. can't remember. it is close to the escalators. they have a pretty good selection too.

2nd vote for these guys. I picked up my E6i's there and they are quite a friendly bunch and do deals for cash. I remember seeing plenty of Shures E5's there,. I was after the E2's but had no luck. Glad I got the E6i's instead. By the way, they have a great range of can's as well.

Jan 10, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by idkfa
Do you have any experiences with the folks in Adelphi/Dephi? How they like?

I do not personally have any experiences with the folks over at Adelphi, however I have read that they are a nice bunch, also that they will probably allow auditions.
However when I asked around for my MD recorder, I got abused as I asked, cos their prices were ex-GST so it seemed lower. As a result I took my business elsewhere, where I was actually treated like a customer. Actually I dont mind paying a little bit more for good service.

I have also heard good things bout Hung Bros. However recently IIRC there was a 'uncle' that was rude, and just not very nice to customers, so I guess it is a matter of beware, as you will surely meet some pricks there

Jan 10, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #15 of 19
if best try not to buy anything from singapore, except for grado and akg , the rest are overpriced . i am struggling real hard in considering to buy hd650 at usd405 which is insane. akg phones are at their best price in singapore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back