Where to buy SACDs?
May 31, 2002 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blueocp

Head-Fier
After getting my 333, I want to try some new cds other than the sacd sampler it came with
rolleyes.gif
Anyway I am primarily looking for some Hendrix, Clapton, or some classical preferably by Beethoven. Any suggestions?

May 31, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 4
I, too, would like to know the best place to get SACD's, e.g. online. I'm looking for ones besides all the Sony/Columbia ones that Best Buy has, e.g., Human League - Dare; Best of Simple Minds; Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Rage Hard (yes, it's just another best of); Cowboy Junkies - Open; etc. Some of the Hyperion ones, perhaps.

The selection around here is miserable. I found the SACD's stowed with the DVD-A's, DAD's, and DTS CD's at Tower; at Borders, they say, "what's that?" (my answer: it's another high-resolution format like DVD-A [they start to lead me towards the DVD-A's] but different [they stop...pause...look at me like a deer in the headlights...shrug...].).

PS This was my 2000th post. Now I can get the headruloaner blockhead. Of course, don't have time for it right now, but now I can, anyway. Will do so at some point in the future.

May 31, 2002 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Hello. This is a list I got off of Audio Asylum that has been very helpful for buying SACDs and emptying my wallet.

In Canada, you can try:
www.hmv.ca
www.absound.ca

but don't pass on US on-line sources like:

www.amusicdirect.com
www.elusivedisc.com
www.acousticsounds.com
www.superaudio-cd.com (for those real hard to find titles)
www.towerrecords.com
www.amazon.com

I found that the fastest and best service come from any of the following three sources:

www.amusicdirect.com
www.elusivedisc.com
www.acousticsounds.com

I've dealt with AcousticSounds and elusive disc before.
I prefer elusive disc better because their web page is easier to search and get around. They have good specials to every now and then.
Happy hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back