Where to buy Rega
Jul 1, 2002 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 8
west, I ordered a new Rega P3 and a Benz Micro M2 Glider from:

http://www.redtrumpet.com/main.php?sid=1006818360

I was so pleased with their service that I have ordered many LPs from them since. Highly recommended!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
west, I ordered a new Rega P3 and a Benz Micro M2 Glider from:

http://www.redtrumpet.com/main.php?sid=1006818360

I was so pleased with their service that I have ordered many LPs from them since. Highly recommended!

smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the nice words, Rick. The P3 is a wonderful turntable at the price, and the Glider works very nicely in it.

The good news is that there's lots of competition these days, which makes LP lovers everywhere happy! The Music Hall MMF-5 ($439, retail $500) and MMF-7 ($879, retail $1000) are both excellent models, and as Tim noted, VPI makes superb products as well. Their HW-19jr sells for $650, or $900 with a Rega RB-300 arm, which is what most customers choose. The new VPI Aries Scout is clearly the product to beat at $1500, including arm! None of these are categorically "better" than the P3 (the Scout might be, but it's double the price), but it's almost an embarrassment of riches these days.

What a wonderful time for LP folks. And thanks again for the recommendation. We'll do whatever we can to keep that ol' black vinyl spinning!

Take it easy!
Peter

Jul 2, 2002 at 9:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
why get rega, especially when there is VPI
very_evil_smiley.gif

There's a lot of fantastic turntables available now....and the VPIs are certainly among them. However, what I love about the Rega/RB 300 arm is the simplicity. You set it up....then forget about it. You can then spend your time spinning records as opposed to tweaking.

wink.gif

Jul 4, 2002 at 7:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG

There's a lot of fantastic turntables available now....and the VPIs are certainly among them. However, what I love about the Rega/RB 300 arm is the simplicity. You set it up....then forget about it. You can then spend your time spinning records as opposed to tweaking.

wink.gif

Yeah, you do have a good point. Oddly...there are no purely level places in my house...so i've actually created a sandbox (i use those little plastic beads that optimitrists use, not actual sand) as well as a bubble leveler, and I am able to set it up perfectly. Science is a great thing. I'm thinking about getting one of those old upper-end systemdek tables in the future as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back