Where to buy Porta Pros?
Apr 7, 2006 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Meyvn

Headphoneus Supremus
Where can I get Porta Pros and/or SportaPros in person? Anyone know of a place that carries 'em? I've only seen KSC55 and KSC75 in stores.

Apr 7, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 11
I think I've seen Circuit City carrying them.

Apr 7, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 11
The Tower Records in Atlanta might have them as the Towers here in California carry the Portapro (I don't remember if they have the Sportapro or not).

Apr 7, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah, Circuit City no longer carries them.

Apr 7, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #7 of 11
Most places don't seem to have alot of headphones on display any more..it seems to be i guess 99% online sotres that have them.I got my portapros on amazon for $26.34.good price in my opinion.being me i'd rather see them in stores and iff possiable try them on and see how they fit me.

Apr 8, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #9 of 11
Here in PHILA they sell them at TOWER RECORDS (like Spyro said) but they are in bubble wrap so you can't try them first. Also they cost 50.00. I bought several pair there over the years but my last pair I bought at AMOZON for 32.00 on line.

Apr 8, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #10 of 11
Tower does have them, though they are like $50. Why not get them online? You people without credit cards need to get one. They will give them to anyone these days, just with a horrible APR if you have little/bad credit. Just pay it in full every month and you will have the advantage of good/cheaper online prices. Retail stores screw you up the wazoo. It isn't like Tower has the advantage of auditioning, they will NOT let you listen to them before you buy...same goes for Circuit City as far as I know. Though they might let you return them for store credit...but then you have yourself tied up with cash 'invested' in Tower. All you can do then is buy some CD's at HIGH MARKUP.

Moral, get a credit card (if you don't have one...seems to be the common 'excuse'), and buy online.

Apr 8, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Tower does have them, though they are like $50. Why not get them online? You people without credit cards need to get one. They will give them to anyone these days, just with a horrible APR if you have little/bad credit. Just pay it in full every month and you will have the advantage of good/cheaper online prices. Retail stores screw you up the wazoo. It isn't like Tower has the advantage of auditioning, they will NOT let you listen to them before you buy...same goes for Circuit City as far as I know. Though they might let you return them for store credit...but then you have yourself tied up with cash 'invested' in Tower. All you can do then is buy some CD's at HIGH MARKUP.

Moral, get a credit card (if you don't have one...seems to be the common 'excuse'), and buy online.

I really just wanted an excuse to go buy some in person tonight; something to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back