Where to buy lossless?
Jan 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks everyone for the information!!! I do have CDs but I can't afford to buy a cd for each artist they is out there, it would cost a fortune.

1 thing I do notice is that most of these sites are FLAC codec... and my iphone doesn't support it... does anyone know a get around method ?

Or maybe FLAC will work on my sansa clip?

If I remember correctly, FLAC does work with the Sansa clip, as long as its 44.1/16 FLAC. Just make sure you have the latest firmware on it.

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Thanks everyone for the information!!! I do have CDs but I can't afford to buy a cd for each artist they is out there, it would cost a fortune.

1 thing I do notice is that most of these sites are FLAC codec... and my iphone doesn't support it... does anyone know a get around method ?

convert to apple lossless.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

I have an Ipod touch (Same Formats) I just convert Flac to wav.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhoff80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The other benefit of buying CDs is you always have a hard backup if your computer dies.

normal_smile .gif
normal_smile .gif
Ripped music by yourself

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #21 of 29
I second Moriez on the suggestion of Boomkat.com - great site for electronic music and very large selection of FLAC.

It is unfortunate that consumers have driven the market to what it is today... more and more people are content buying a single compressed song for $.99; why, convenience.

For that price you are always better buying the CD for numerous reasons, but as more and more buyers download their music, the local music shops dry up and record labels start putting less and less into CD sales. Think about how much cheaper it is to store an electronic file and send it across a network; as to transporting, printing, packaging, and storing physical albums.

Guess it's all up to the factors that be, but it will be a sad day when physical medias will be no longer; the CD will be the new vinyl, only important to audio purists and audiophile whack-jobs. Hope I never see that sad day...
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #22 of 29
I know, I want a lossless download of only one song by Nancy Sinatra - Bang Bang. I do not want to buy an entire CD just to get one song onto my iPod. I am amazed that Apple or someone else hasn't addressed this basic desire that so many of us share. Music quality was supposed to get better over time, not worse. Forget Moore's law.

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Why do you want lossless for a sansa clip? anyway, convert to mp3 vbr v0 with foobar or convert to wav if you really want a lossless format that will play anywhere. Dbpoweramp is the way I do it myself but foobar is a nice free solution also.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

How do I convert FLAC into apple or wav files?

Decode to WAV using the FLAC binary -> FLAC - Free Lossless Audio Codec
To Apple Lossless (I guess you mean this) using Max -> Max from sbooth.org

Or use Max for both tasks...

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #29 of 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Back