Where to buy Koss KSC35?
Dec 7, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #3 of 14
I made myself a pair by using the clips from a pair of KSC75 and the drivers from a Sportapro. The Sportapro's drivers are the same as the KSC35. It's a matter of popping them on and off. With the sale at Radio Shack (KSC75 $5.47 closeout) and a Sportapro from Amazon, you can probably make them for around $30 and end up with a free pair of KSC75 using a Sportapro headband to boot!

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 14
unfortunately they come by rarely on the second-hand market. The only sure bet is one from Koss. Perhaps wait until they have a website sale? Live.com cash back?

If I wanted a pair, i'd buy it from Koss's website

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 14
Thanks everyone, the KSC75 are different drivers (titanium coated I believe). I lost an old pair of KSC35 that I really liked. They cost $44 on the Koss site. I remebered paying around $25 back in the day. I'm thinking of maybe doing the mod with the sportapro driver (you sure they're the same?) and maybe doing a recable with a 75ohm resistor and terminated with a female mini connector so I can use different length mini-to-mini cables.

Dec 8, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks everyone, the KSC75 are different drivers (titanium coated I believe). I lost an old pair of KSC35 that I really liked. They cost $44 on the Koss site. I remebered paying around $25 back in the day. I'm thinking of maybe doing the mod with the sportapro driver (you sure they're the same?) and maybe doing a recable with a 75ohm resistor and terminated with a female mini connector so I can use different length mini-to-mini cables.

The forum search function is your friend! If you look, the KSC35 share the same interchangeable drivers as the Sportapro and Portapro. However, the Portapro drivers are blue. The sound differences are usually attributed to the various ways they are attached or enclosed to your ears. I sometimes also use a 75 ohm adapter when listening to them.

Dec 8, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LWLew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The forum search function is your friend! If you look, the KSC35 share the same interchangeable drivers as the Sportapro and Portapro. However, the Portapro drivers are blue. The sound differences are usually attributed to the various ways they are attached or enclosed to your ears. I sometimes also use a 75 ohm adapter when listening to them.

Indeed. The sure way to get the KSC35 sound if you can't find the actual model is to get a pair of PortaPros or the cheaper SportaPro.

Sometimes, you get lucky online though, or even in thrifts stores/pawn shops. I found my pair in a local Value Village going for less than $1 because they were in beat up looking condition, but I was able to get them working and wearable with little additional investment.

Point being, there are still a few ways to get KSC-35 without actually having to find those elusive pairs of new KSC-35s

Dec 8, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did you get the 75 ohm adapter?

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you do it yourself (i.e. iM716 mods) or find one of the people here to do it for you at a nominal fee. The other alternative is to purchase an Etymotic ER4P-24 cable ($65) Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•4 Accessories or the Dowin DW04 cable ($25) Head-Direct.com | YUIN or this ETYMOTIC ER4P TO ER4S RESISTOR ADAPTOR - eBay (item 290280346255 end time Dec-10-08 19:54:13 PST) for $22.49. If you prefer the adapter rather than the cable, the eBay seller linked is reliable. I have have purchased items from them in the past. The choice is yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back