Where to buy Klipsch X5 under $200?
Apr 6, 2010 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gabe294

Head-Fier
I've been interested in buying some X5s, been searching the threads. X10 vs X5, etc. People keep mentioning getting them cheaper than the MSRP of 200. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabe294 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been interested in buying some X5s, been searching the threads. X10 vs X5, etc. People keep mentioning getting them cheaper than the MSRP of 200. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

Prices tend to fluctuate, for some reason. I got some for about $150 from B&H a few months ago. Keep checking Google Products and Amazon and you'll get an idea of the fluctuations. $150 is the lowest I've seen them, other than the big sale Klipsch had a couple years ago.

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 7
look on the sale boards on this forum, they come up somewhat frequently, I just bought some x10's for .. well definitely under $200, so im sure if you keep your scopes up on the boards, you will find some x5's under $200 as well.

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Klipsch is, unfortunately, discontinuing the X5s (see the Klipsch forum.)

They're not saying why; possibly they are too much competition for the more expensive X10s. I've always thought both models should be considered top of the line, with different SQs for different folks.

At any rate, there should be some sales. But you may not want to wait too long. I'd say $150 is a more than fair price for these excellent IEMs. Keep checking Amazon and Googling.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #5 of 7
Amazon has a distributor (Audio Advisor) selling the X5s for $199 with free shipping.

That's under $200, hehe. It's seems to an Authorized dealer according to Klipsch's website, you can call and double-check.

Snap up a pair, I enjoy these every day, IMO they beat the X10s hands down.

I got them for $99 last year
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for all the responses. I will continue to search the interwebs until such time as I find a pair of X5s or X10s under 150.

FS forum, Amazon, Audio Advisor, B&H and just plain ol' google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back