Where to buy in Toronto Canada
Jan 15, 2004 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dmcmusic

New Head-Fier
With all the reading and excitement of what to buy for my SlimX 350, I would like to get the MX500's and possibly the Koss 35's.

Anyone know a good place in Tornto, Miss, or KW area where there is a good selection of phones. My local Rat shack only carries the MX400's for $24.99 Cdn.

Notice that Koss bumped up there KS 35's to $30 US on their website. or the 50's earclips just as good?

Does Phillips or JVC has any good buds in comparison if I can't find the Sens here?

Darrin.

Jan 15, 2004 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 8
try to use SEARCH in this forum, you will find LOTS of answer about buying headphone in Toronto area. (I don't want to type the same answer again and again.)
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Out of all the posts, there still isn't much of a selection. I called Brack on the MX 500's and they sell em for $59.00. I can get MX400's for $24.00 at rat shack, guess I'll wait for my next trip to the US. More and more I find you can't buy the good electronic stuff in Canada.

Anyone tried the Panasonic clips ons, they have the same specs as the KSC 35's?

Jan 16, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by dmcmusic
Anyone tried the Panasonic clips ons, they have the same specs as the KSC 35's?

They're worse. Much worse. Most of the time they're included as freebies with Panasonic portable players, what does that say about them?

Jan 16, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #6 of 8
BTW, if you don't mind the look you should try PortaPros. Every store and their grandma carries them, from FutureShop to all those small stores on Yonge, south of Wellesley to Queen (there's 10 or so down Yonge.) I bought my PortaPros from one of those stores (can't remember which one) - but it was definitely one that gave me $5 off list price. Otherwise I would have just gone to FutureShop.

Jan 16, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 8
The Koss KSC-50 and KSC-55 are available at Best Buy. I saw them at a Walmart as well.

The KSC-50 are $34.99 I think at Best Buy. With the foamies off, I like them better then my Sportapro's. Not nearly as boomy bass, so you hear a lot more detail in the mids and highs (at least that's what I think I hear! i'm still a headphone newb!). And they are more comfortable for my ears.

I haven't listened to the KSC-35, but everyone here seems to agree that they are better. If shipping isn't expensive, 30 USD ain't bad.

Jan 16, 2004 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 8
also, like I recommended in the other TO thread... try Steve's Music Store on queen street, great place
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back