Where to buy in Hong Kong?! ?
Dec 26, 2008 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

z50j

100+ Head-Fier
Its now 12:20, I'm leaving at 2:00 for the airport there's about a 6 hour ride to Hong Kong so...

I need to know where are the best places to buy Headphones (PortaPros Specifically) in Hong Kong

Advanced Tnx
dt880smile.png

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 8
You can try Wanchai Computer Center. On the 2nd floor, there are 2 shops that sell headphones. Mingo's shop has some earphones hanging on the display shelves for users to try - but they are slightly more pricey. Another shop (forget the name) looks cleaner, stocks etys, senn's etc and if you ask them, they too have earphones for trial.

Wanchai Computer Center is right on top of the Wanchai MTR (subway) station, so is relatively easy to get to.

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 8
I'd say your better going to Mong Kok to buy headphones. There are more shops there so you can compare prices along with having a wider selection to buy. Off the top of my head, I'd say its best not to buy porta pro's at Mingo's (His main shop is at Mong Kok) because he charges em quite high (around USD 60). Mingo's websie is www.mingo-hmw.net. There's another shop called Kingsound in Mong Kok that sells em for cheaper (around 40-ish USD). Kingsound's website is 香港金è²è€³ç*’專門店-世界å牌耳ç*’耳機直銷 Westone, UE, Etymotic, Jays, Shure, AKG, Sennheiser,Audio-Technica. There's a third shop in Mong Kok called AV2000 in Dek Fat Shopping arcade but I dunno if they stock Porta pros.

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 8
Well there was a store where I lived in Hong Kong in Shatin. It was at the plaza beside the New Century Mall (i think that's what it's called), they were selling the Portapros for $350 HKD which is like $40 something?

Dec 27, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 8
Is there a place i could get it for something like USD30 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back