Where to buy GOLDEN E888s? (Which store in Pacific Mall?)
May 1, 2003 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

dragonlong

100+ Head-Fier
I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me where I can buy the GOLD version of the Sony MDR-E888 earbuds. I believe someone here mentioned that it can be found in Pacific Mall in Toronto, but do you know which specific store there? A friend of mine went there a few weeks ago and couldn't find it, so if you can tell me the specific store that carries it, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

May 1, 2003 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 16
Yeah pinpointing a store would certainly help given that most stores have really bad customer service.

May 1, 2003 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by CrzyAzn
i'm not 100% sure, but theres a store accross from the big Pacific Hobby shop (or something like that, the biggest hobby shop there) it's a small shop stacked with boxes. you could also check with Yan Lucky, that's at the middle of the mall.

Thanks for the info, CrzyAzn!

Can anyone else confirm or suggest other stores (in Pacific Mall or somewhere else) to find the golden E888s? I personally wouldn't mind searching through all the stores in that mall, but the problem is that it's a friend that's going, and I really can't expect her to thoroughly check them all to find a pair of earbuds.

May 1, 2003 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Peter
Or you can go to any Sony Store and ask for it cause these ear buds are not on display. I got mine from Sony Store in Markham.

Was it the GOLD version of E888s that you got from the Sony Store? I hear that the gold ones are discontinued, so I doubt Sony has them. I already have the silver version, so I'm just looking for the gold version right now.

May 2, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 16
Oh you guys have to know that big ass hobby shop that used to be there until recently (the hobby shop moved to Brimley and Sheppard)... it's that tiny store right across from it with all these boxes on the window, and no room to move around once inside...

The last time I checked was last year around this time and that was when I bought my gold 888s... I don't know if he still has them... I also bought the last silver 888MP from there 1.5 years ago and I never saw him restock them... He only stock a small number of 888s cuz 3 years ago I also bought the only 888SP left there... but 888SP has high demand so he always stock those...

Sweet talk him for a $10 bucks discount... usually just go in and say something nice and go $80 bucks cash! lol! Always worked for me!

Oh I think Sony Store's prices are ridiculous! $99.99 + 15% tax?!?! gee... save yourself $35 bucks and goto Pac Mall... and the one at the Sony Store is not even the better sounding gold, just the normal purple-ish silver...

May 2, 2003 at 7:54 AM Post #9 of 16
I've only been to the Pac Mall once, so I'm not that familiar with it.

krayzie, if you can find out the name of that store, I'd be extremely grateful to you.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #10 of 16
Man, I miss Pac Mall...

All my relatives live in Markham and I loved that hobby store in the mall! Kick ass, miniature fixed up rides! So what's so good abou the gold sonys?

I live in sunny and NEVER WINTER Irvine, CA =)

May 2, 2003 at 11:39 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by AlexDingDong
So what's so good abou the gold sonys?

Well, from what I've heard, the gold version is the best one since it does everything that the silver one does and a little more (without compromises)! I think its bass is a little better, among other things. I haven't actually tried the gold ones myself, but several head-fiers already confirmed this fact, so I'm guessing that it's probably true.

May 3, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #12 of 16
Yeah the bass is much better with the gold one... hehe and thinking I actually bought it cuz of the color to begin with... so it was icing on the cake for me...

Actually that big ass hobby store suck if you're a real modeler, they are always missing the stuff I needed, and expensive too! But many stores folded when the SARS scare was peak a few weeks ago... sad really!

Hey don't worry about the name of the audio store... there are only a handful of audio stores in that mall, and it's very obvious when you see a tiny one, as the other stores are bigger in comparison...

May 3, 2003 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 16
krayzie, you bought it for looks?
eek.gif
That is so unhead-filike of you! J/K! Actually, I would've thought that gold would look cheap since silver looks better in most situations.

Yeah, the SARS thing really sucks. Some of my friends are actually cancelling their trip to Anime North because of SARS. I told one of them that SARS isn't as bad as it seems, but he's a chicken, so I guess there's no way of convincing him.

As for the small store, I guess I'll just tell my friend to look for a small, cramped, audio store full of boxes. Hopefully she'll be able to find it. Sometimes she can get really clueless and just don't "get it" for certain things. LOL I guess I should put more faith in her if I want her to help me buy those gold E888s.
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #14 of 16
Once again, bad luck finding the GOLDEN E888.
frown.gif

My friend was trying to find them at the Pac Mall, but she found that most of the stores were closed in the afternoon, probably thanks to SARS.

I'll definitely be going down to TO in late August. Hopefully the SARS paranoia will die down by then.

Darn SARS for making the golden E888 even more elusive than it already is!

Meanwhile, where else could I look for a new pair of golden E888? I'd prefer it to be somewhere here in Ottawa, but I'm guessing that there's probably no shop here with it since Ottawa really sucks for shopping.

May 8, 2003 at 4:42 AM Post #15 of 16
Oh don't go on Monday... Chinese and Japanese ppl loves to close on Monday out of the 7 days in a week... cuz they want to capitalize on the weekend by opening up for business...

Actually Pac Mall is back to normal now, as with everywhere in TO... SARS is behind us now...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back