Where to buy Genuine ATH-ES7 Black?
Apr 23, 2008 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kamal007

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all,

Im wondering where can i get a genuine ath-es7 for around $110ish?

I bought one off amazon and one off ebay and both of them turns out to be fake.

buy.com has one for around $120 but i'll get hit with tax. Any other place to check?

Or if anyone has one lying around, please hit me with a pm
wink.gif
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all,

Im wondering where can i get a genuine ath-es7 for around $110ish?

I bought one off amazon and one off ebay and both of them turns out to be fake.

You got a fake from Amazon?! That's wild. I hope you reported the seller to Amazon? I'm not surprised at that sort of fraud on eBay, but Amazon is usually pretty safe. I bought mine from ANTOnline via Amazon. They are real, but they don't seem to be available from that seller any longer.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rederanged /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got a fake from Amazon?! That's wild. I hope you reported the seller to Amazon? I'm not surprised at that sort of fraud on eBay, but Amazon is usually pretty safe. I bought mine from ANTOnline via Amazon. They are real, but they don't seem to be available from that seller any longer.

yeah. i got a fake one at amazon. Im in the process of getting a refund from him (hopefully). The ebay ones are professionally designed to trick you. Their description and pics are all the genuine ones but they will send you a fake one.

Ill check buy.com but the tax kinda kills the deal? any other place to check or ill jump on buy.com deal (thanks shellylh)

Apr 24, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 16
Wierd. My sister bought an ES7 from Amazon just a couple of weeks ago and it was the genuine thing. It was on sale, as well. I believe it was $100.

I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully you get your money back.

Nylan

Apr 24, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #6 of 16
Apr 24, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #9 of 16
Apr 24, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #12 of 16
Well, the seller i bought from Amazon pulled off of his listings off amazon but the ones on Ebay are still scamming others.

Heres the listing:
New AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-ES7 BK ATHES7 PORTABLE HEADPHONE - eBay (item 300217975512 end time Apr-27-08 11:49:42 PDT)

Everything seems genuine from the pics but when you actually get it, its a fake and heres what he replied to me.

item is real, i buy it from swap meet, if you don't like ,just return, don't say it's fake for trick , if you don't return within 7 days, no refund !

He even said that if i report to ebay, he will not refund me at all, so what should i do now?

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #14 of 16
I'd return the item, get your refund and THEN report him to EBay. That way you got your money back and still did the right thing.

Theoretically it's a win-win for you.

How do you know they are fake BTW? Is it obvious?

I've been debating buying these as travel phones as an upgrade on PX-100's and would hate to get burned by fakes...

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMavs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you know they are fake BTW? Is it obvious?

I've been debating buying these as travel phones as an upgrade on PX-100's and would hate to get burned by fakes...

There is a thread here, but the picture links are broken:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/fak...ctures-286987/

You should be fine if you buy from a reputable seller on Amazon or from buy.com, audiocubes, etc.. I LOVE my ES7s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back