Where to buy EMU 1212m?
May 28, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #16 of 30
I did a dangerous move, 198 without shipping to HK, which usually costs 40 bucks, from eBay....its supposed to be in the way to my home....a week left. He says its almost new (and he's got 100% +ve reviews).....well how long could he have had it for?
orphsmile.gif

Sorry i didnt tell you guys, esp Jasper....its coz i wasnt sure if this guy was real or not...its my first deal over the internet

May 28, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #17 of 30
What we need to do is get all of us looking for an emu card to get our money over to Jasper and have him hook us up! That way, $165 should be easy, if not $160, throw in some bucks for Jasper, then shipping, and we all still win big time!

May 29, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
What we need to do is get all of us looking for an emu card to get our money over to Jasper and have him hook us up! That way, $165 should be easy, if not $160, throw in some bucks for Jasper, then shipping, and we all still win big time!

Thats not actually a bad idea. If we had enough people buying one I bet his local guitar center would have not problem giving out that price, maybe even lower.

May 29, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by aug1516
Thats not actually a bad idea. If we had enough people buying one I bet his local guitar center would have not problem giving out that price, maybe even lower.

I believe dealer cost is $150 on these, after talking to an old friend in the music store biz. For me, even $165 is actually only a $15 savings over online, if the shipping is free. Guitar Center deal= $165 + $14 tax + $6 gas= $185 not even considering the 3 hours it would take me. That's like making $5 dollars an hour wage in savings, not worth it to me. Where'd you get yours from Peter? I like their return policy... thanks

May 29, 2004 at 10:05 AM Post #20 of 30
I might be in if this became 'for real'. Depends. I'll check back at the 1st.

May 29, 2004 at 10:17 AM Post #21 of 30
Well, there is no Guitar Center in Hawaii. Any place else I can order online (with relativly lower than $190+ prices?)

May 29, 2004 at 3:12 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
I would be interested to get one of these too -- especially for $165. You magic persuading skills might work better if you ask for two Jasper
wink.gif

they don't need to work better, I got mine at that price, they just need to work again...
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2004 at 3:29 PM Post #23 of 30
Well, I don't mind doing the leg work if you guys want. The only problem is that I'm cash poor right now so I'd need the money prior to making the purchase. Keep in mind though, as somebody already said, since you'll be paying for shipping on top of California taxes (165 + 13.61 = 178.61), it may not be a better deal for you.

May 29, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #24 of 30
Let me know if it goes through
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm cash poor too, waiting for my next paycheck now. Lucky me though, I hope I could pick it up from Jasper or at the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

If it could be shipped usps, it may be pretty reasonable. If the box is too heavy, fedex may be a better choice.

May 29, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Well, I don't mind doing the leg work if you guys want. The only problem is that I'm cash poor right now so I'd need the money prior to making the purchase. Keep in mind though, as somebody already said, since you'll be paying for shipping on top of California taxes (165 + 13.61 = 178.61), it may not be a better deal for you.

chosen1 does have the money ready for the task, he's just out for a week now, once he gets back he can send it to you through PayPal.. ~$180 looks better than $200 anyway..

thanks Jasper!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
chosen1 does have the money ready for the task, he's just out for a week now, once he gets back he can send it to you through PayPal.. ~$180 looks better than $200 anyway..

thanks Jasper!
smily_headphones1.gif

Plus s/h to ship it to you... probably close to 190 by that point.

May 30, 2004 at 11:28 AM Post #27 of 30
I wouldn't mind paying $180 for this card incl s/h. The european price before taxes is €171 (~$210.) With (danish) taxes it would add up to €207 (~$253.50)

I would of course paypal the money forward... I'll just have to get down to the bank and check how my poor account is doing and how big my pay check was this month. (I've screwed up homebanking)

May 30, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #28 of 30
Ok, I am having a hard time finding places that will even ship this to Canada & accept paypal for payment, and dosn't charge a fortune for shipping. This card is becomming a pain to find up here, if I gotta pay a extra $40-60 in shipping & taxes/brokerage fees, that is BS.

Jun 2, 2004 at 12:51 AM Post #29 of 30
*bump*

I am still getting annoyed with trying to find a place to buy this card here in Ontario, Canada, I am ready to buy this card but can't find a place to buy it in canada, most US stores charge huge shipping, this is a pain in the arse
mad.gif

$199 + $35 shipping + Brokerage fees / taxes at the border = too much!

Any suggestions?

Jun 9, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #30 of 30
well hey, if you are going to korea, might as well try turn yourself into a guinea pig and try this card instead of the well reknowned EMU card. i know the name sounds silly, but it sure looks likes a badass card to me
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back