where to buy cheap screen protector
Mar 12, 2006 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
those clear sticky plastic pda screen protector. ratshack used to sell like 10 pieces for only $3 and it was great. now they dont sell it any more and i cant find a decent place that sell it that isnt overpriced. and there is not generic, they're all like "for this specific device".

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 6
go onto the Palm user forum Brighthand--www.brighthand.com--or you can link to it thru the Palm website. anyway, they discuss screen protectors at grteat length. And these boys are STURDY because you're writing on their surfaces. I use one from my T3 and Lifedrive for my ipod video--they are two different sizes and have to be trimmed a bit with a razor.

They use static cling, which means they'r super-easy to peel off, wash and replace--and again I'm washing and replacing multiple times in an environment where I'm writing on them.

I use clear touch crystal from Boxwave. These are clear, and they also have a matte finish. Their website is www.boxwave.com.

Ain't cheap but you're paying for durability, non-sticky and they wear like iron.

Hope this helps

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 6
after some reseraching i went with screenguardz.com.
they custom cut your plastic up to 90mm by 80mm, any dimension withing that range, 15pieces for $9.99 + shipping. so i went with that, its work pretty good.

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 6
Saran wrap. $2.19 at your local Wal-Mart.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 6
Buy one for one of those REALLY big devices and cut it yourself.
Otherwise, J&R has these screen guards for the ipod video, they come in a pack of 3 for 8 bucks.
But... the screen protector doesn't have a sticky side, it just clings on (works pretty damn well) and both sides of the protector have a sheet of plastic covering it for the first use. So just don't peel off the other side when you apply it so you actually have 2 protective layers on it. It'll take you at least 5-6 months to tear through 1 of em.

Mar 22, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
Saran wrap. $2.19 at your local Wal-Mart.

heheheheheh i dont think thats going to work. try clear packing tape?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back